Who Might Be Traded This Offseason

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Can't believe 2nd round future picks are going for just a 4th and 5th now.
They’re not actually. It’s the second part of the Kit / Sag trade from draft week.

At the end of the day, the Rangers were able to get around not being able to access their 2nd ‘27 before the draft.

Reactions: HockeyPops

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Last day for trades until the 1st of August. I wonder if we will see any last minute moves?
Hard to say with certainty, if there is I'd expect it would be a move to likely free up an OA spot for teams who will be carrying too many 03's.

However with the way the pandemic years have left the league the past few seasons the real debating question won't be if there will be a trade but more importantly what will be traded if there is a trade to be made, and to further that how many OA potential candidates there will be in the OHL this coming season. If @HockeyPops thread is accurately set 75 OA candidates are eligible to return to the CHL/OHL next season "If" that list is actually accurate, which I don't have any information that would say otherwise.

Which would mean.

Flint, Kingston, Mississauaga, Niagara, Oshawa, Ottawa, and Soo are the only team's that have an OA spot available for next season at the moment. However things can and do change. The 13 other teams could have players who graduate the league and that would change that list greatly or they may get wavied through the OHL which is another thing that could be a possibility for some as well. So those would be the team's that I would expect if there were going to be OA moves those would be the team's to make them.

But will see that's doesn't mean that others would try and shuffle the deck around to improve their OA situation just that they are the more likely to see things happen first.

Reactions: DraftEligibleOHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad