Who Might Be Traded This Offseason

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Windsor has several players who could be dealt depending on values and such. Guys like Christopoulos, Maillet, Holmes, Peer... I'm not saying they will be or anything like that, but, when you have a handful of 2003s and just as many 2004s, with rather empty cupboards, something has to give.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Windsor has several players who could be dealt depending on values and such. Guys like Christopoulos, Maillet, Holmes, Peer... I'm not saying they will be or anything like that, but, when you have a handful of 2003s and just as many 2004s, with rather empty cupboards, something has to give.
Thought Holmes just played his o/a year

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
How did you find his play this past season. I found he had little impact. Can't see him being signed. Probably end up going to school.
Agree with the 1st part re his play especially last part of season and playoffs,doubt he gets signed as well,however I do think there will be interest from other teams expect to see him dealt.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Agree with the 1st part re his play especially last part of season and playoffs,doubt he gets signed as well,however I do think there will be interest from other teams expect to see him dealt.
I guess he can play minutes for team that don't have alot of depth. I wouldn't trade for him.

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
I have said on the Saginaw boards that I feel like former OHL 1st rounder Luke McNamara is going to be traded. He's likely to be a 4th-5th round NHL draft pick this year and has all the measurables but I just don't think he's ever been really comfortable in Lazary's system. I think he'll be a part of a trade Saginaw makes for a 19yo and I'm actually pretty confident that his numbers would go up in someone else's system. The kid seems to work hard but he's just not finding the production here and I think he would be a 3rd liner at best next year and that's just not good for him or the team.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
How did you find his play this past season. I found he had little impact. Can't see him being signed. Probably end up going to school.

I liked his game from a simplicity and teammate standpoint. He kept his defensive game simple, showed leadership on and off of the ice, and gave the club what they needed. I can see him returning for an OA season... whether it's with Windsor or someone else is TBD.

Reactions: dirty12

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
The Bulldogs have 3 goalies going into next season. The Drobac/Malboeuf tandem, and 17 year old Egorov. I could see Drobac on the move to make room. It also wouldn’t surprise me if they let Egorov get some starts with the Kilty B’s at the beginning of the season before making room for him to backup.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Just a theoretical: it might be neat for the Christopoulos twins to be re-united for their overage season, either in NB or WSR. With Paul as the league leader in +/- and Alex a 50 goal scorer, they make quite an OA duo. Don’t know if the teams or the brothers are interested or if it can realistically happen, but I find the possibility kind of intriguing.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
For Ottawa:

G - (OA) Max Donoso. MacKenzie has proven capable as a starter. He will be going into his 19 year old season. I cannot see Ottawa going into next season with two capable starters at 19 and 20 years old. That is a recipe for two kids being disgruntled.

D - Derek Smyth and/or Thomas Sirman. Both 19 year olds will likley be available at some point. 67’s return seven capable D-Men plus they drafted D-Men at 22 and 46 in this years draft. These are the two most likely to be moved at some point to make room on the roster. I’m leaning toward Smyth being gone pre-season and Sirman likely at the deadline. Boyd had no issues moving Sawyer and Gill-Shane to make room for younger d-Men this season. I see the same next season.

Any other 67’s deals would be at the deadline. Look for the potential of a Jack Beck trade if he returns as an OA as well as the outside possibility of Rohrer being dealt at the deadline if the price is right.

Reactions: tjziel

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Owen Sound has 5 03s that could potentially return next season as OAs. Can only keep 3.

Deni Goure
Ethan Burroughs
Kaleb Lawrence
Sam Sedley
Teddy Sawyer

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
For Ottawa:

G - (OA) Max Donoso. MacKenzie has proven capable as a starter. He will be going into his 19 year old season. I cannot see Ottawa going into next season with two capable starters at 19 and 20 years old. That is a recipe for two kids being disgruntled.

D - Derek Smyth and/or Thomas Sirman. Both 19 year olds will likley be available at some point. 67’s return seven capable D-Men plus they drafted D-Men at 22 and 46 in this years draft. These are the two most likely to be moved at some point to make room on the roster. I’m leaning toward Smyth being gone pre-season and Sirman likely at the deadline. Boyd had no issues moving Sawyer and Gill-Shane to make room for younger d-Men this season. I see the same next season.

Any other 67’s deals would be at the deadline. Look for the potential of a Jack Beck trade if he returns as an OA as well as the outside possibility of Rohrer being dealt at the deadline if the price is right.
Who would be your backup if you traded Donoso?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
The Petes have many 03s but it remains to be seen how many will return for their OA season in the OHL......

Gauvreau
Dubois
Mayer
Simpson

Lockhart - not signed by Vancouver
Robertson - not signed by Seattle......but Robertson and the Kraken have both been busy :D

If all of Gauvreau, Dubois, Mayer, Simpson and Lockhart return, I expect Lockhart to be dealt prior to the season.

So much to speculate on......
  • who will get the Petes the biggest return.......Mayer, Simpson or Lockhart? - for my $ it would be Mayer
  • when will the offers be coming?...... OA situations are often not crystal clear until the season starts
  • when will Oke get the best return?......pre-season? November? deadline?
  • keep in mind that Beck and McCoy or Smith are possible trade candidates at the deadline
Next season should be an exciting year in Peterborough but definitely not for the same reasons as this season!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Who would be your backup if you traded Donoso?

They drafted four quality prospect goalies in 2022. O imagine they’d likely sign one of those four. They also drafted one relatively early this season as well.

Barring any of those signings, they can always add a stop gap solution. They won’t likely be competing for a championship next year so I think if they get a 3.75 .890 goalie as a backup for 15 games on the cheap, that’s good enough. MacK will play 50+ games as a starter

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
With the Ranger’s going into a full rebuild, anyone who’ll graduate after the 23-24 season should be in play.
But the question being this “off season”, I think Hunter Brzustewicz could be a guy moved in the off season. Saginaw is hosting and they pretty much gifted the Rangers a ‘23 2nd rounder before the draft.

There has to be another shoe to drop here so I’m predicting Brzustewicz to Saginaw in a bigger deal.

Reactions: tjziel and rve24

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com

Holmes is no good.

I guess by theory you could see Barker and Kudryavtsev moved but I don't think that will be the plan in the Soo. I think they see themselves as a better team and a team that could make a push in the West/contend.

• Haha
Reactions: dirty12

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if Ludwinski is traded at the deadline - I'm of the belief that Kingston should load up for 24-25, so if they can get some assets for Ludwinski at the deadline they'll be setting themselves up well for the following season.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Just a theoretical: it might be neat for the Christopoulos twins to be re-united for their overage season, either in NB or WSR. With Paul as the league leader in +/- and Alex a 50 goal scorer, they make quite an OA duo. Don’t know if the teams or the brothers are interested or if it can realistically happen, but I find the possibility kind of intriguing.
Re-united in Sudbury

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Can't see anyone from the Hounds being moved in the off-season, too many questions going into this upcoming season as to whether the team will still 'go for it' despite losing the Memorial Cup Bid and now having to compete with their divisional rival for a title...come trade deadline, we'll know what's up with this team.

I should add we are returning basically our entire team from last season minus our OAs and Ivanov so unless the Hounds are offloading some of these guys to make room for our rookies than it is status quo going into training camp I think

Reactions: HF92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad