Who Might Be Traded This Offseason

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
It'll depend on cost. If they both cost the same, sure. If one is significantly more expensive then the other, maybe not.

If Simpson is a 2nd and a 3rd and Donoso is a 4th?

What condensers need an OA goalie right now? I can't imagine there are alot? Maybe Sudbury?

I think both are relatively equal. The difference won’t be significant. The difference being that Ottawa would be doing it less for the asset acquisition and more for the players themselves. Ottawa needs to open the crease for MacKenzie. Platooning two capable starters isn’t ideal for either player.

I’d look at a 3rd and 5th for Donoso and maybe something like 2nd and 5th for Simpson.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
It'll depend on cost. If they both cost the same, sure. If one is significantly more expensive then the other, maybe not.

If Simpson is a 2nd and a 3rd and Donoso is a 4th?

What condensers need an OA goalie right now? I can't imagine there are alot? Maybe Sudbury?
Simpson to Guelph would make sense. But they may not want to do Leaver dirty like that after only a half a season and would keep their current duo at least until the deadline.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
OHL Trade window opens up today… sounds like there could be a few deals announced already.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
OHL Trade window opens up today… sounds like there could be a few deals announced already.
Nice!

I’d imagine some of these guys are moved this off-season:

Beck
Peer (OA)
Maillet (OA)
Mesar (IMP)
Mathurin

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Nice!

I’d imagine some of these guys are moved this off-season:

Beck
Peer (OA)
Maillet (OA)
Mesar (IMP)
Mathurin
If you are talking about Owen Beck the Petes will not deal him near the trade deadline. They are going to want a player who was drafted in the first round as part of any deal for him. Also he could make Montreal this year. I could see Jack Beck traded in the off season.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
My gut says Peer is one that Windsor keeps. They found him as a FA, he's developed into an impressive talent, and he could be a leader on the club next season.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I haven't seen anything that says the OHL Trade Freeze ends today. Would it start on Monday following the Memorial Cup?

(Maybe I'm wrong and it is today... just feels weird that Ptbo could make a trade while still playing)

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I haven't seen anything that says the OHL Trade Freeze ends today. Would it start on Monday following the Memorial Cup?

(Maybe I'm wrong and it is today... just feels weird that Ptbo could make a trade while still playing)
Generally the OHL trade window opens the (first Monday?) in June. I cannot say when Memorial Cup is usually finished.
June 1st is the day NHL teams must have signed CHL players drafted two years prior.

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Anybody could be traded. Just need a partner..

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Generally the OHL trade window opens the (first Monday?) in June. I cannot say when Memorial Cup is usually finished.
June 1st is the day NHL teams must have signed CHL players drafted two years prior.

I'm looking at last season's dates...

Memorial Cup finished June 29. Trades started June 30 with several of them. Nothing happened from Apr 28 until June 30. This makes me believe it's a day or two after the MC ends so... Monday?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'm looking at last season's dates...

Memorial Cup finished June 29. Trades started June 30 with several of them. Nothing happened from Apr 28 until June 30. This makes me believe it's a day or two after the MC ends so... Monday?
Last year season started and finished later, so Memorial Cup did as well. The June trade window was one day, I think.
Normally, the trade window is June, league is closed July, then restarts in August.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Costantini cost the Rangers a 2nd and conditional 6th. Simpson might bring a shade more. Maybe. He won the 99, but he wasn’t the reason they won. From the games I saw, he let in a few he’d “like to have back”, as they say.

Some may say that Gaudreau might bring more in return if he is on the market next season.

History has shown that an OA goalie is the hardest asset to get big return on in this league. That and maybe a decent import player.
Rangers picked up Jake Paterson from Saginaw for a song in 2015. The deal was so cheap Hiebert couldn't resist even though the Rangers were no where near contending. Market for OA goalies is usually very cheap.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Rangers picked up Jake Paterson from Saginaw for a song in 2015. The deal was so cheap Hiebert couldn't resist even though the Rangers were no where near contending. Market for OA goalies is usually very cheap.
Not the playoff MVP. Michael Simpson will go for a minimum of one, 2nd and one, 3rd round draft pick. He likely will fetch more maybe a player or multiple draft picks.

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
They got a 2nd and 3rd for an OA goalie and also had Evan Cormier (4th round NHL pick) on the bench behind him. Patterson was a very good goalie (my son's favorite) but getting 2 high picks is a pretty decent return especially as an OA. It was definitely a win for Kitchener because they got a very good goalie but Saginaw finished as the #8 seed so it made sense to grab a couple of picks for an OA who's not returning.

Reactions: rangersblues

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Not the playoff MVP. Michael Simpson will go for a minimum of one, 2nd and one, 3rd round draft pick. He likely will fetch more maybe a player or multiple draft picks.
Not a playoff MVP but not through any fault of his own. Paterson was a WJC goalie and a 3rd round NHL draft pick. I'd say his value was much higher than Simpson's will be.

Reactions: EvenSteven

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What happened to the Niagara deal?
There is deal you know of? If it’s a speculative game we’re playing, I’ll go Cholach for ‘25-4th.
I don’t think the trade window opens until Monday.

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
There is deal you know of? If it’s a speculative game we’re playing, I’ll go Cholach for ‘25-4th.
I don’t think the trade window opens until Monday.
Thought the Gens update person on Twitter reported it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad