Who is your team's next captain?

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
If Lee doesn't re-sign I could see Bailey getting the C, though I'd think Martin would be a better candidate.

For the Bolts aside from Stammer likely one of the ex-Rangers if they were there. Girardi, McDonaugh, or Callahan.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Someone like 7 years from now. Kid is probably in middle school.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
SJ

giphy.gif

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
When Kane and Toews retire, it’s going to be Dylan Strome.
I think so too. Captained the Otters and Team Canada at the world juniors. He's also been very vocal since arriving here, always addressing the media. All the makings of a great captain.

Of course DeBrincat gets the "A".

Reactions: clydesdale line

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I think Rielly is going to be the Leafs next captain.

For the Sharks... not sure. We may lose Pavelski this offseason. No one suits the role. Burns maybe, but he's not exactly young or the kind of answer you're looking for. If Hertl made sense or could be understood, maybe him. I could see Meier in a few years, but not yet. Karlsson is a question mark for even staying, and he's too new to the team.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I'd say Mathew Tkachuk. As for when, not until Giordano retires but it sure looks like he'll play into his 40's if he can

Jbwest31

Feb 9, 2017
When OV retires, backstrom will take over, or if he’s retired it will be Carlson or Kuzy. The two As will go to the one who isn’t captain and Willy.

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
I'd say Mathew Tkachuk. As for when, not until Giordano retires but it sure looks like he'll play into his 40's if he can
Not sure if Tkachuk would be the best pick. Those types of players are rarely ever made captains. I would go with hamonic for the flames

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Not sure if Tkachuk would be the best pick. Those types of players are rarely ever made captains. I would go with hamonic for the flames

I agreed at first but seeing how much Tkachuk has matured has changed my mind a bit. He's already being called the next captain by lots of local media and insiders.

Hamonic would be a solid choice but I'm not sure he's a long term piece. UFA next year too. even if they do re-sign him I doubt it's for long enough to be around when Giordano gives up the C

Monahan I think is too quiet, although he's lots of other peoples choice as well.

He's a rookie this year but lots of people have talked about Ramus Andersson as being a leader and mature. He's my dark horse choice but lets see how he matures in the league first, being a rookie

But really, Giordano likely plays at least another 5 years, for all we know the next captain isn't even on the team yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad