Who is your team's next captain?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
For the kings all their likely candidates will either be retired or moved on by the time Kopitar is done. Doughty will probably still be around by then so I guess him, but it would probably be short term because Drew isn't that much younger than Kopi. After that my best guess would Anderson-Dolan. Everything about this kid screams captain material.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Obviously Bergeron is next so I’ll take a guess at his replacement, I’m gonna say Charlie McAvoy.

I'd think Krug would get it over Charlie as of right now, but I could definitely see Charlie with a letter on his jersey. I've heard Debrusk is one of the bigger leaders of the younger guys on the team.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
For NYI if Lee doesn't resign, I'm not really certain. I think the next in line would be Johnny Boychuk, but I wouldn't do it because he needs to be spelled, and I want a captain to play every night. Barzal isn't ready yet. It's either Pulock or Toews, but I think I'd go with Toews. He's just a natural leader.
Boychuk or Cizikas. Those 2 leave it all out on the ice every shift

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I'd think Krug would get it over Charlie as of right now, but I could definitely see Charlie with a letter on his jersey. I've heard Debrusk is one of the bigger leaders of the younger guys on the team.
Could be right, I just think by that time McAvoy will be our big star. Our #1 Dman leading the team in points from the back end like Ray Bouque use to do. Still along way off but I could see Bergy being our captain till he’s like 40+ maybe a few more cups obviously (hopefully).

Reactions: rfournier103

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
I mean probably Mackinnon, but at that point, assuming Landy isn't traded and Mack gets it when Landy retires, Mack will probably only be playing a couple more years at most. So after Mack, maybe Makar?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
For the Sharks, all signs point to Logan Couture being next in line.

In my opinion, this would be an awful decision. Couture comes off as a lone wolf with a generally dislikeable attitude, he frequently throws his teammates under the bus in his bitter interviews, and his play has been declining for multiple seasons now. This season in particular, his effort in the defensive zone is the worst that I have ever seen it in his career.

As it stands, I’m perfectly happy with Joe Pavelski in that role. If Pavelski walks in UFA, I would want Brent Burns to be the next captain.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Think it will be between Kreider or Zibanejad. Depends if they extend Kreider of course. Mika just won the McDonald Extra Effort award which has gone to past Captains, so may be fitting. Either one I am cool with.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
I remember Maatta’s rookie season there were talks about him being the future Captain. Oh how the times have changed.

I’d say as of now it has to be Guentzel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad