Who is your team's next captain?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Who does Vancouver give it to? Horvat is a great leader but how do you not give it to Pettersson? The guy is the franchise.
Media off the ice. Who would you want to handle that part of it? Probably leave it in the hands of Bo. It’s early but we’ve seen the death stare from Pettersson a couple of times already. Don’t expect the questions to improve over time. Think he’ll grow tired of the lame questions from the media.

That’s why I think it’s best to leave Bo to handle it.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
This beautiful s.o.b.

brendan-gallagher-2019-45.jpg

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think Jake Guentzel but only because Rutherford sucks at drafting and we have few options under 30 years old.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
It will likely be Weber for at least 5 more years, maybe more.

Gallagher? He'll be getting on by this point, he may have declined, or been moved, or will be moved within a year or two. Could make sense, but it's a long way away and unless he's going to retire a Hab, may not be the right choice.

Kotkaniemi? Maybe, but I can't say he looks like a captain right now, he's a kid, and still has a lot of maturing to do. We'll find out what kind of leader he is as he gets older.

Domi/Drouin? Not a chance, great guys but have too many edges to be a captain of the Habs.

It may well be a player that's not even on the team now. Habs are locked in with Weber for the foreseeable future.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Lot of potential guys on Calgary though. Tkachuk, Monahan, or Johnny.
It won’t be Bennett. This is coming from the guy who has a Sam Bennett poster on his ceiling above his bed, for what it’s worth.

If the Flames thought Bennett was a good option he’d have an “A” over Monahan or Tkachuk right now

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Monahan and Gaudreau are not remotely leaders.

Tkachuk is, but he's also a worse choice than Bennett.
Depends on your definition of leadership. You cannot tell me Johnny doesn’t lead on the ice. He’s the face of the organization. I don’t think he’ll get the C, but he’ll definitely be considered. He’s one of the best players in the NHL. Monahan already has an A so clearly management already views him as a leader.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Unlike OKG, I actually do think Monahan has the qualities. He's pretty much been getting groomed for it since coming to Calgary, getting an A part time on his entry-level contract, and full time for a bit now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->