FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Should be:

Kreider (C)
Zibanejad (A)
Shattenkirk (A)

But since apparently the most important factors are point production and how long you've been there regardless of performance, it'll probably be:

Zibanejad (C)
Staal (A)
Kreider (A)

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
All of the Ducks media seem to think it’s Fowler. I’m hoping it’s someone who is less of a mental midget.

Hopefully it’s a long time away anyway, Getzlaf if he stays healthy should age well enough to justify at least another couple of years after his current contract.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Matt Cullen, obviously.

Its tough, Crosby's contract actually out lasts Jake Guentzel's contract. Malkin is a year older and Letang is the same age as Crosby.

If Crosby, Malkin, and Letang all retire around the same time, the Pens need to re-sign Jake Guentzel to another few years and by then, he'll be 32.

So the future Penguins Captain is either him or whomever the Pens draft and develop to take over when Sid is gone.

Maybe Kasper Bjorkqvist or Hallander? Who knows.

Last edited:

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I'd guess Monahan over Tkachuk.

I love Tkachuk's passion but I have a really hard time seeing the discussion after a scrum and the guy who provoked it talking to the refs, chewing his mouthguard with his smug punch me in the face look, turning out well.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I'd guess Monahan over Tkachuk.

I love Tkachuk's passion but I have a really hard time seeing the discussion after a scrum and the guy who provoked it talking to the refs, chewing his mouthguard with his smug punch me in the face look, turning out well.

I love Tkachuk, and he will definitely provide some leadership presence, but I think he's best suited to the A not the C. Monahan I feel is the most likely candidate, with Backlund as the dark-horse for it.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
For NYI if Lee doesn't resign, I'm not really certain. I think the next in line would be Johnny Boychuk, but I wouldn't do it because he needs to be spelled, and I want a captain to play every night. Barzal isn't ready yet. It's either Pulock or Toews, but I think I'd go with Toews. He's just a natural leader.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
For NYI if Lee doesn't resign, I'm not really certain. I think the next in line would be Johnny Boychuk, but I wouldn't do it because he needs to be spelled, and I want a captain to play every night. Barzal isn't ready yet. It's either Pulock or Toews, but I think I'd go with Toews. He's just a natural leader.

Cizikas

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
If Ovechkin is going for Gretzky's goal record than someone not on the roster yet.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If Pietrangelo went somewhere else, it would be O’Reilly. Schenn runner up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->