Who is your 2nd favorite team this season?

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
Florida's been my sympathy team for years, but Carolina is stealing that spot. Really started to like them last couple seasons. Homer for Aho but so many interesting guys on that team. I was really hoping they had snagged Raanta before he signed with Arizona. No idea if there was ever even any interest or offers from either side.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If you have two teams you are not a real fan of the first.
What a load of shit. Maybe you can't be a die hard fan of two team, but you can certainly be a die hard of one team and casually be a fan

I am a die hard Flames fan, being so is part of my identity.

However, when they aren't playing, I will watch and cheer for the Blues and Bruins. I wouldn't say I love either of those teams, but I certain hope for the best for them.

Reactions: valeriammm

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'm pretty indifferent towards teams that aren't the Wings and always have been,it's not that I hate any of them just that I don't care

I guess the Sharks because I want Karlsson to have a good year?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This is a 2nd favorite team thread not who do you hate? I was never one for the "biased against the Leafs" narratives that float around here but this thread is giving credence to that train of thought.

I generally like the Leafs. This off season has created a monster, however. Everything is Leafs. I posted this after opening night when Matthews was the cover page image and the champion Capitals 7-0 dismantling of the Bruins was pushed to the 2nd page. The next day I hit NHL Network in time to see Matthews getting pumped for the greatest rookie debut of all time. This just reminds me of the Crosby "The Next One" campaign. On opening night that year Crosby's secondary assist trumped Ovechkin scoring two goals and checking a guy thru the glass on his first shift.

After a few more L's maybe the hype will moderate. Right now I am looking for Hurricanes tickets when they play Toronto specifically so I can root against the Leafs. An honor usually reserved for the Penguins

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
Avs fan.

Will never truly have a second team, but it is always going to be the Caps since (a) I was born there and (b) different conference

Although in terms of THIS SEASON actually following a team game in and game out, Ottawa is my second team. For obvious reasons.

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Caps fan. Distant 2nd would probably be the Blues. Don't particularly care about any of the current players, but it's a good hockey town that is long overdue for a Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad