Who is your 2nd favorite team this season?

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
As the title says.

We all have our die hard teams that we defend and cheer for.

But who is your 2nd favorite team and why?
Are they a new favorite as of this year or have you cheered for them for a while?

Personally, Winnipeg is a 2nd for me. Well rounded and competitive

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Ill deny I ever said this BUT I just moved to Chicago a couple months ago from Tennessee and I wouldnt go as far as saying the Blackhawks are a favorite of mine but I follow them for being the team in this city. Im still rooting for the downfall dont get me wrong, but god da*n it if Debrincat doesnt peak my interest

Feb 24, 2017
My favourite player all time is Scott Stevens, so I have a long time soft spot for New Jersey. They were the first team I ever wanted to win to do so, in 1995.

I also have sympathies for San Jose, as one of my besties is a long time Joe fan, and I really like a lot of what they do. Same applied for Washington, as a kind of “Vancouver east” before they bucked the demons and pulled it off.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm a Habs fan

To me it's always about cheering players, more than teams.

I always root for Pit because of Crosby. But it has more to do with me wanting to see him personally succeed than the team do well (ie i wouldn't want them to win the cup if Crosby plays 20 games and has 3 points - to me it's more about how many points he can rack up/look good individually)

In a similar sense and on equal footing - PK Subban and Nashville.

Which happens to be my pick for the SCF. Pitt vs Nashville.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
For too long, maybe, TB was always high on my secondary favorite list. In fact, I often used them as the proof in the debate that hockey will work in FL, even while the Panthers ownership was busy Melnyking around for more than a decade. I still don't hate them, but I'm starting to dislike them maybe a little bit more every f***ing time they pull one out of their ass against FL after being outplayed for most of the game. !!Vasilevskii!!!! (Said similar as to when Seinfeld encounters Newman)

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Being British, I am contractually bound to root for plucky underdogs, so Calgary and Vancouver. It doesn't hurt that they both have exciting young players and suspect goaltending - lots of goals.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Flyers or flames, like the blues a lot also.

Big matt tkachuk and b schenn fan

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Dallas Stars this season for Miro Heiskanen and that Seguin and Radulov are fine players.

After Bruins (my NHL team) I tend to keep tabs on the Blues, Islanders, Devils and Nashville for Rinne with a nod also to Finnesota.

Of the Canadian teams Ottawa for the shenanigans happening currently and that I hope their fans receive the exit of Melnyk they deserve.

Not any teams I dislike as I love the game more but Maple Leafs I can make an exception. ;^)

Last edited:

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Well Caps have been my 2nd favorite team for a while but mostly to see Ovi win a cup. Now that it’s happened I might shift to the Sharks

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
If you have two teams you are not a real fan of the first.

Part of me agrees, but also a part of me thinks it is not very strange to cheer for an Eastern and a Western team. Mostly because you need the other team (in the other conference) to win their games against "your own" conference. The chance your 2 favourite teams ever meet in the finals, is pretty slim.

Laminator

May 25, 2014
Ottawa fan

My 2nd favorite team is Tampa Bay. My mom lives in Tampa. When i visit her we always go to the games. it is a really entertaining atmosphere so its hard not to cheer for them. I hope they take home the cup this year.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Calgary is mine, has been for a while. Just a combination of liking their style of play growing up (Iginla era), they've had some nice jerseys, 'C' of Red is a good crowd, and I like their current roster too.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
If you have two teams you are not a real fan of the first.

You can't love two teams in the same league for sure but liking or keeping an interest in others' season is ok IMO.

One should remember that there are a lot of overseas fans who already have their own country's national league team to follow so quite norm to follow the fortunes of a second or so in another European league or KHL particularly in the NHL.

Just my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad