Post-Game Talk: Who is worried about 97?

Are you worried about McDavid?

• Total voters

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Honestly, Manning as a bottom pairing isn't bothering me as much as Russel in top 4 or Klef in top pairing.

Manning was alright this game, Russel/Klefbom were not.
Jujar can go back to Bako for the season now, have seen way too much of him not doing anything

Reactions: frag2

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
As a 4M top 4, he's ok because of his abilities and salary. But people here treat him like he's legit 1st pairing. He's a spot duty 1st pairing in the same vein as Petry

Petry would throw the occasional hit, Klef does not at all. Petry could stay healthy, Klef not so much.
Watching tonight...I am done with that guy, most overrated player we have.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I felt like the rest of the team was waiting for McDavid and Draisaitl to do something. I mean hello, you guys can do something too!

That's actually every game TBH. If McDrai ain't lifting...you think Nuge will drag the team?

Reactions: Zguy370

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Good thing EDM got ahead of themselves and banked those early games. lol

Reactions: frag2

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I can imagine it. And I’m worried. If the Oilers ruined McDavid becomes a thing, that’s it for me, I’m done with hockey.
How didn't they ruin him?

Cut back his ice if needed. He needs to show some leadership in all 3 zones.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If there dowe 3-0, is there a different way to attack the offensive zone then dump and chase? Maybe fire it on the goalie and charge the net and hope for some rebounds? Very listless attacking.

Oilers have been like this for years. IF they even gain possession in he zone, they get shut down easily cause none of their possession or cycling ever translates into a chance. All the opposition needs to do is put 5 Guys back, once the space is gone we don’t have the skill to make anything happen.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
cuMl0Xh.jpg

Oh dang. Did McDavid sell Gretzky that watch and find out from this vid that the great one was bragging about ripping him off? Would explain a lot.

Reactions: RattsSSV

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Trying to get through Fire Emblem before Luigi’s Mansion comes out but damn if it isn’t a very long game.

still having fun though. And I want to get in a Gears 5 coop run with a buddy before too long.

There’s a new Luigi’s mansion coming out. I’m so out of the loop gaming wise these days, was thinking of getting some gaming in to wash out memories of this Oilers loss which is why I asked lol.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Oilers have been like this for years. IF they even gain possession in he zone, they get shut down easily cause none of their possession or cycling ever translates into a chance. All the opposition needs to do is put 5 Guys back, once the space is gone we don’t have the skill to make anything happen.

Totally. That's why I brought it up. When trailing substantially they default to this zombie dump and chase. I would figure by now they would...you know...try something different.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Khaira should be done. He’s been useless for well over a year now.

As absurd as this sounds, maybe they are keeping him here because of the East Indian fanbase he brings?

I know Spec and Stauff were hinting at that a few weeks ago when questioning why Khaira is still in the lineup

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Okay. So if it’s okay with Flames homer Kevy999 I would like to inquire on how bad Talbot has been this Flames game. Tuning in now.

Reactions: BlackDogg

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Should call up Gamberdella/Currie/Benson. Honestly a
Benson-Nuge-Neal
Gamberdella-Sheahan-Currie

set up has more appeal than Khaira/Archibald. Throw those 2 on the line with Granlund I don't understand how they keep seeing ice time getting caved ever since they got put together.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Lack of speed was really noticeable tonight. Adding Nygard, Haas and Persson back to the lineup would help considerably.

They desperately need them back in. It's not the biggest issue but it will help.

I hate to say it but put Gagner in and hope for the best. If anything he'll help stir the drink offensively a little. People are concerned about the defensive game but they can't keep getting shut out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad