Who is this Bedard guy?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
This time last year, I thought Michkov was the better player between him and Bedard. Sucks we didn't get to see Michkov in the tourney

Reactions: Faelko

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Not saying Berard will not meet his expectations in the NHL, but as many have said, it's a tough league, and a whole raft of guys have looked impressive in the WJ and Juniors and then not so good in the bigs. For example, I remember Magnus Puljaarvi looked like a bonefide first line NHL winger and scorer in the WJ, and he wilted badly, and then disappeared. I think Bedard will be good, but there is only one Connor McDavid at this point.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Only on paper, without skate he 5'8 at best
He Kailer Yamamoto with better hands, better vision, less speed and less grit

Good luck!
He has the same grit I must say.

Id say he is a mini Ovie, like 50% of what Ovie is, with some Marner dangles time to time

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
1G 2A in the first 30 mins back in Regina tonight, hes going to have a monster second half of the season.

Make that 4G 2A with 10 to play

Last edited:

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
FWIW, and it’s not much really since it’s TSN, 2 of 3 panel hosts think he’s Matthews tier, not a McD, Crosby, Ovy

The one that said he’s going to be Generational said asterisk. Prove it first, not just against juniors.

Kind of agree. I think he’ll be really good but will have to see how he fares after say half a season

Reactions: subnet

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Juniors seems like a beer league in compare to NHL.

More drafted players should head to Europe for a year, to develope.
Seider for ex, did that.
But if that were the case, all players would be that high. It is when you compare him to his peers....McDavid, Crosby etc didn't have the same impact at the World Juniors as Bedard. Do I think he will become them, no idea...but it will be fun to watch.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Juniors seems like a beer league in compare to NHL.

More drafted players should head to Europe for a year, to develope.
Seider for ex, did that.
Err... its' junior hockey. The CHL is likely the best junior age development system in the world and WHL most pro-style in terms of travel schedule, # of games and style of play.

The German player Seider came to North America at 19 to develop in the AHL. Able to go directly to pro level competition and was ready physically to do so. Another German hockey player Draisaitl came to North America to develop as a junior in the WHL. Seemed to turn out okay.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Lol as the OP, wondering about Bedard, and even posting on the night where I didn’t know he had 7 points, I’ve learned a lot. Thanks fellas and ladies :)

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Sold out the Saddledome tonight in Calgary. Flames have only had 3 sellouts all season.

Game is also televised on TSN tonight at 7pm

His 7 games since the WJC his stat line looks like this 16G 8A 24Pts

Season 35 games 43G 45A 88 Pts

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I live Downtown Calgary and was in Edmonton for work today. I swear it took longer to drive to my place from three blocks away than it did to get back from Edmonton to Calgary due to the Pats being in town. They have a sellout crowd tonight for a WHL game.

Reactions: BlackDogg

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
This Bedard fellow is really, really, really, really, really good. I think it will be McDavid and Bedard #1 and #2 in the league for a long time to come. The stats he puts up are absolutely remarkable.

He scores 2.5 pts a game on a team that scores 3.78 goals per game.

That's ridiculous levels of dominance. An offensive participation rate above anything even Gretzky/Lemieux posted in their final years of junior.

Bedard 67.1%
Gretzky 59.1% (of course he was only 16 when his final Junior season started).
Crosby 57.0%
Lemieux 53.5%
McDavid 52.5%

Bedard is going to be stunningly good if those numbers are anything to go by.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackDogg

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Bedard wins it in the shootout

The movement on that shootout move was pretty crazy

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
This Bedard fellow is really, really, really, really, really good. I think it will be McDavid and Bedard #1 and #2 in the league for a long time to come. The stats he puts up are absolutely remarkable.

That's ridiculous levels of dominance. An offensive participation rate above anything even Gretzky/Lemieux posted in their final years of junior.

Bedard 66.1%
Lemieux 53.5%
McDavid 52.5%

Guess we will see. Junior league hockey is a much different breed than the NHL. A ton of players have had insane junior careers (obviously his is on another level so far) and had no where near the success once they make the big jump. He's going to make an impact but the question is how much. Time will tell. He's no where near as fast as McDavid but has his agility and hands plus a lethal NHL shot already. Will be interesting.

duul

Jun 21, 2010

Bedard 66.1%
Crosby 57.0%
Lemieux 53.5%
McDavid 52.5%

His team is awful. I will bet anyone he ends up being closer to Yakupov than McDavid at the NHL level. Too small and slow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad