Who is the Tom Brady of the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
the NFL spent millions investigating and Brady was never fully proven to have a part in it.

Besides, they beat the Colts 45-7 with most of the points coming in the second half with footballs that were perfectly inflated.

Ah so because it wasnt needed in the second half of one game that somehow legitimizes the practice? It was cheating, brady was caught (again) and punished for it, further cementing his legacy as a habitual cheat.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The post i was replying to was best ever super bowl performances. Try to keep things straight.

Also young and montana played in an era where passing rules were much tougher. In this era even the matthew staffords of the world can throw for 5k yards with a high td to int ratio. Cant directly compare stats across eras. Luckily we dont need to, bradys stats are worse than manning rodgers brees in his own era.

Young/Montana also played with no salary cap, which -- believe it or not -- makes a huge difference. Free agency also didn't start until the late 80's.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Ah so because it wasnt needed in the second half of one game that somehow legitimizes the practice? It was cheating, brady was caught (again) and punished for it, further cementing his legacy as a habitual cheat.
Never proven TB12 did it. He never said it was okay. Where did he say that? Somewhere else?

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Yes and i'm talking Post Season career which I think is a fair measure to illustrate how effective a QB is. Your arguement is all over the place, and you're cherry picking stats to fit your arguement :laugh: Funny you mention Rodgers, Stafford, Manning, and Bree's. Brady has more Super Bowls then all of those QB's listed COMBINED if you want to talk strictly SB performances ;)

Super bowl wins were a function of cheating and his surrounding system. He has worse career stats than rodgers and manning. And youre taking separate replies and saying an argument is "all over the place" huh? I was responding to a post about his being the best ever sb performance and it quite clearly was not as good as youngs or several of montanas. Nothing more nothing less. Guy had a miserable first half while the others cruised and dominated all game.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Again, he wasn't caught. the NFL investigated and the most they could come up with was "more probable than not" and that reeked of bias anyway. Some teams thought the CameraPlacementGate punishment was too light so he had to be "more harsh" on Brady/Pats.

An equipment violation in the NFL is punishable by a small fine.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Damn those 2-3 peoples in this thread hating Brady won't stop lol ! Won't change the fact that he is the Greatest and prove by stats, no one is close to him ! I like how some people bring down his super bowl wins by mistakes by the other team play and don't talk how Brady loss 2 superbowls because of miracle catchs and one of those SB win would have been a perfect freaking season ! Manning won a SB only because of Von Miller and his INSANE defense that was way way better than the pats now. Manning didn't do a single thing in this game and won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NytrhQ1W2Cc&t=464s

GOAT.

Please point out the individual stats that suggest Brady > Manning

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Young/Montana also played with no salary cap, which -- believe it or not -- makes a huge difference. Free agency also didn't start until the late 80's.

Sure. Im just talking single game performances. Theres no need to discuss montana and young when talking career. Brady already falls short versus rodgers and p manning there.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Again, he wasn't caught. the NFL investigated and the most they could come up with was "more probable than not" and that reeked of bias anyway. Some teams thought the CameraPlacementGate punishment was too light so he had to be "more harsh" on Brady/Pats.

An equipment violation in the NFL is punishable by a small fine.

That is the appropriate standard of proof. That is all they had to say. This notion that anyone needs a signed confession or a videotape of him giving the order only exists in your head. Here in the real world he was caught and punished. To think that a guy on bradys signed memorabilia payroll whom he called 7 times in one day was not following bradys instructions and "went rogue" and cheated on his own is legit lolz hilarious.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Honestly there is tiers.

There is God tier Goat Tier and Greatest Players Evar

Greatest

Gretzky
Jordan
Bolt
Phelps
Tiger Woods?
Any other player from a sport I may miss

Goat

Brady

God

Toews

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Can someone please give me an argument for Brady being the GOAT that isn't how much he won. I mean, do we all just have to ignore that he wasn't even the best QB in the league until he was 38? He won 2 MVPs. His contemporary at the same position won 5. How can we say he's the GOAT and compares to Gretzky when he clearly falls short of Manning in every measure of individual success?

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
Minus the spygate era wins and even assuming brady did not cheat after that (which we know to be false given deflategate) there is nothing to separate his playoff record from p mannings, he was even 0-3 vs peyton in playoffs post spygate. Winning only one legitimate super bowl and losing head to head to your main ruval in the playoffs doesnt even put you in the top 30, forget GOAT.

The sbs and wins illegally accrued during spygate will always tarnish his career and legacy. The positive glow directly following an sb win wont change that.

You're legitimately suggesting that Tom Brady isn't a top 30 player of all time?

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
Can someone please give me an argument for Brady being the GOAT that isn't how much he won. I mean, do we all just have to ignore that he wasn't even the best QB in the league until he was 38? He won 2 MVPs. His contemporary at the same position won 5. How can we say he's the GOAT and compares to Gretzky when he clearly falls short of Manning in every measure of individual success?

Winning is all that matters. If you can't see a player that rises to the occasion time and time again and comes up when it matters most.. I don't know what to tell you.

Ps. REGULAR SEASON ( since this fits a lot of narratives)

Peyton Manning career QB rating.. 96.5
Joe Montana 92.3
Drew Brees 96.3
Tom Brady 97.2

This doesn't even include 5 SB's, 7 SB appearances, 11 AFC title games in 16 years, This is the mans individual regular season ratings..

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Winning is all that matters. If you can't see a player that rises to the occasion time and time again and comes up when it matters most.. I don't know what to tell you.

Ps. REGULAR SEASON ( since this fits a lot of narratives)

Peyton Manning career QB rating.. 96.5
Joe Montana 92.3
Drew Brees 96.3
Tom Brady 97.2

This doesn't even include 5 SB's, 7 SB appearances, 11 AFC title games in 16 years, This is the mans individual regular season ratings..

I notice you didnt include rodgers. Why? Hes behind rodgers in rating and manning too if you remove that last season for manning when he was clearly impacted by the shoulder nerve issues.

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
But that wouldn't fit the narrative.

Also, LMAO at citing a slight edge in QBR as evidence he's better.

What narrative? You said winning doesn't matter. I posted QB ratings. The fact that he has a higher QB rating then all those QB's and wins year after year is enough evidence.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
There aren't any current players. All-time? Gretzky. Brady is possibly the best NFL player of all time.

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
I notice you didnt include rodgers. Why? Hes behind rodgers in rating and manning too if you remove that last season for manning when he was clearly impacted by the shoulder nerve issues.

Rogers is great no doubt about it! LOL Yes lets all remove each QB's worst season:laugh:

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Rogers is great no doubt about it! LOL Yes lets all remove each QB's worst season:laugh:

Not each, last. I mean brady is going to have a less than average season before he retires too. And that will be without a debilitating neck/spine issue that required four surgeries.

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
Not each, last. I mean brady is going to have a less than average season before he retires too. And that will be without a debilitating neck/spine issue that required four surgeries.

Tom Brady is playing some of the best football of his life at 39. I wouldn't be so sure he follows the typical road of aging QB's.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
What narrative? You said winning doesn't matter. I posted QB ratings. The fact that he has a higher QB rating then all those QB's and wins year after year is enough evidence.

So Wilson/Rodgers > Brady?
Romo > Manning?
Cousins > Montana?
Schaub > Palmer?

QB rating is not an accurate stat.

Also since Brady became a starter, Manning has posted a higher QB rating more times than not
2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002
v.
2015, 2011, 2010, 2007, 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad