Who is the next captain ?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Certainly looks like Gallagher has emerged as the one they rely on. P.K is still probably thinking he's somehow winning the Norris, and referring to himself in the third person.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Certainly looks like Gallagher has emerged as the one they rely on. P.K is still probably thinking he's somehow winning the Norris, and referring to himself in the third person.

When has PK ever been full of himself, like, ever? :laugh:

He's always been humble and said all the right things in the media. Where is this coming from?

Also, Gallagher is a spark plug, not a captain. Pacioretty is the next captain, I could almost guarantee it.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Because, FLASH NEWS, people have varied opinions.

Gallagher takes too much abuse

I don't see Gallagher as a leader either. I don't expect him to have the kind of presence that Subban and Pacioretty have, both of whom are, in my opinion, the only two logical candidates.

We all love Gallagher. He's all heart, and he never gives up. But you need to be more than that to be captain.

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
Subban should be captain.

Best player aside from Carey, always shows up in playoffs, works hard, leads by example, signed here long term, great in the community.

Pacioretty is a good leader, but he's not a captain. Still a floater from time to time, still hasn't proved he can show up in the playoffs. When the team isn't doing well, he's as much of a passenger as the others.

Gallagher, even if he's the hardest worker, isn't captain material.

I want a GAME CHANGER, Subban is one. The only one.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
No way they can give it to patches, he's a ghost come playoff time.

Another year without one is my guess.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Gallagher was our best forward again in the elimination game. I don't care if he takes abuse, the C might actually draw some calls.

Gallagher was captain of the Giants and PK didn't even have a letter on the Bulls.

Born leader = Gallagher.

Screen-Shot-2013-02-02-at-11.03.59-PM.png

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Gallagher was our best forward again in the elimination game. I don't care if he takes abuse, the C might actually draw some calls.

Gallagher was captain of the Giants and PK didn't even have a letter on the Bulls.

Born leader = Gallagher.

Screen-Shot-2013-02-02-at-11.03.59-PM.png

Well Subban was a captain when he was even younger..
Born leader = Subban
Subban-Stamkos.jpg

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Gallagher seems too light-spirited, child like, almost. I don't see him being taken seriously as a captain, as much as I love the guy.

Patches is taking himself out of the running with the playoffs disappearing act he puts on year after year

This brain trust won't trust PK

MB doesn't want any pressure, so he won't name one and then he can hide behind "it's a transition years", whatever the hell that even means.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Gallagher seems too light-spirited, child like, almost. I don't see him being taken seriously as a captain, as much as I love the guy.

Patches is taking himself out of the running with the playoffs disappearing act he puts on year after year

This brain trust won't trust PK

MB doesn't want any pressure, so he won't name one and then he can hide behind "it's a transition years", whatever the hell that even means.

Well put unfortunately. I think you're right on your Bergevin part, even though I really hope your wrong.

-From a Team PK guy.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Pacioretty. Leader all season long, came back from a concussion too early and was starting to play better in the Tampa series. If Plekanec had have buried the chances he got, Pac would have been PPG this year in the playoffs. 7 in 11 is not bad considering how quickly he came back after the concussion. He's the type of player that finds the quiet areas and snipes but no one can get him the puck in the playoffs, so he looks worse than he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad