Who is the next captain ?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Maybe do a player vote? I wouldn't mind if they decided the captain by voting. Would be cool to know what the majority of the team thought. Just as long as it doesn't end up being stupid with everyone voting Price. A goalie shouldn't be the captain.

Pretty sure that goalies cannot be captains per CBA.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Price should be indeed. Too bad he is a goalie.

Subban is too immature/emotionnal (his reaction after his slash on Stone) = not captain material.

Pacioretty is all class but magically seems to disappear in the playoffs

Gallagher is a pest and not skilled enough, beeing captain is not his role on the team

If I had to choose i'd pick MAX 67. But there is no clear winner except Price.

Price is the captain.
Subban should wear it. He's the only ****ing guy on this team that shows any emotion. If you call that immature, you most like watching robots move on ice.

Pacioretty is the last person on this team that deserves it. A leader, leads by example. If you follow his example that would me all 5 skaters would blow the defensive zone as soon as Price touchs the puck.

Again Carey is the REAL captain.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
While Pacioretty hasn't been good, but it wouldn't have anything to do with just coming back from a concussion.

and the excuse last year?

and the year before that?

his overall play hasn't been all that bad. He's been his usual great self on the PK (no coincidence that the opposition is far less physically aggressive -except in front of the net), and in brief moments he's fully engaged at ES.

problem is that the playoffs require players, especially the skilled ones, to play with a greater degree of reckless abandon, not less, if they want to remain effective... opposing dmen, abetted by the refs, take far more physical liberties in defending their position.

Patches has the "playing like a little girl" syndrome that Plekanec self-identified (and since fixed) a few years back

i don't blame him (injured or not), i just don't think you can be captain unless you are first and foremost willing/able to lead by example.

Playoffs take warriors. a warrior should lead.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Not a single one of Pacioretty, Subban and Plekanec should ever wear the C.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Pretty clear it would have to be between Subban and Gallagher. And Subban gets it because he's older and more established (hardware and PO performance).

Unless Patches goes on a tear and scores 6 or 7 goals in the next 4 games. Yeah, not happening so...

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm going with Gallagher. Our other leaders were no where to be seen nor did any one of them stepped up when needed. Gally showed up every game and gave it everything he had.

SimonD92

Mar 2, 2011
MTL
Very disapointed by Pacioretty. Is that me or he did'nt show up tonight( ?)as he also didn't all playoffs long last year.... Beginning to wonder if we need that type of captain

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I come back to this thread to see some people warming up to the idea of Gallagher as captain :)

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Pacioretty is recovering from a concussion. I don't want him "sacrificing his body" at the moment. It makes a lot of sense not to have an official captain. On this team, it's unnecessary.

On the contrary. This team needs an on ice leader. and I don't think its Pacioretty

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Very disapointed by Pacioretty. Is that me or he did'nt show up tonight( ?)as he also didn't all playoffs long last year.... Beginning to wonder if we need that type of captain

I tough he was the second best forward after Gallagher. Had twice as many shots as the next guy and set up Pleky a couple of times but he missed (I swear Pacioretty could have had 5-6 pts now if Turtleneck knew how to finish). But then again, it's not hard to outplay guys like Plekanec or Galchenyuk right now.

I would be on board for Gallagher as captain. Quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
if Patches actually wants the captaincy, next game is/should be his last chance to show it on the ice...

Not sure how anyone could earn the C when their smaller, younger linemate is out-hustling, out-competing, and out-playing you when it matters most.

PK still gets my vote, but if it isn't him, Gallagher is clearly a more fitting choice than Pacioretty.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
if Patches actually wants the captaincy, next game is/should be his last chance to show it on the ice...

Not sure how anyone could earn the C when their smaller, younger linemate is out-hustling, out-competing, and out-playing you when it matters most.

PK still gets my vote, but if it isn't him, Gallagher is clearly a more fitting choice than Pacioretty.

Paf.

Playoffs is when you separate men and boys.

As much as I love Patches, and as much as I love the fact he cares and that he became a good two way forward... He remains a streaky player.

evermix*

Price is the official leader, but can't wear the C.

It should, and may very likely be Gallagher. He's young, an extremely hard worker, not afraid (plants himself in front of the net/digs puck out of corners versus defensemen that nearly a foot taller than him and 50 pounds heavier), leads by example, took a paycut to stay here (3.75 mil, for a consistent 20+ goal scorer), and is a clutch performer. He tied tonight's game, and won the series versus Ottawa.

PK still hasn't matured, and is still a small minded egomaniac. Although he's a good defensemen, he's also definitely overrated. Unlike Gally, did not take a paycut to stay. PK stayed cause he got paid, don't kid yourselves.

Pacioretty is weak for his size, not clutch, not hardworking, and looks like he has a low IQ (has that dumb stare like he hasn't got a clue half the time).

Last edited by a moderator:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Has to be Subban or Gallagher, both guys work their ***** off and are the two guy who show up when the games get tough.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
PK still hasn't matured, and is still a small minded egomaniac. Although he's a good defensemen, he's also definitely overrated. Unlike Gally, did not take a paycut to stay. PK stayed cause he got paid, don't kid yourselves.

Come on now. PK overrated? He's been leading the whole team in PO scoring for three years in a row.

And as for the so-called paycut, that's bollock. Gallagher skipped the bridge deal. Took less money for security.

Subban was totally screwed in his bridge deal and still delivered big time. There was no other way for him than to ask to be paid. It's a matter of self-respect. Subban too would have taken a pay cut had Bergevin been willing to skip the bridge deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad