Who is the next captain ?

Dec 8, 2014
Who is the next captain for the Montreal Canadiens ?

I included Gallagher and Galchenyuk in the poll because they will be with the team for a long time and big pieces for the team.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Didn't vote because I'm still undecided, but for now it's Max Pacioretty. Ultimately, it will depend on whether he steps up in the playoffs or not.

If he doesn't, then Subban.

Davebo*

I'm OK going with no official captain, and keeping the rotating assistants. It's kind of clear who provides the leadership, and he doesn't need the distraction of a 'C'...

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I had a dream and Pacioretty wore the C in it.

So Im going with him.

Davebo*

If there absolutely had to be a captain - for whatever bizarre reason - then I'd vote Max.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Price is the real leader so it does not really matter who gets the actual C. In fact, I don't mind the 4 assistant thing.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Price is the real leader so it does not really matter who gets the actual C. In fact, I don't mind the 4 assistant thing.

Me neither, as it pretty much acknowledges that Carey is the example that everyone follows - "the beat of the march" - without putting the target of the 'C' on anyone, or explicitly stirring up the conversation about goalies as captains. And there's nothing wrong with that, imo.

Apr 28, 2010
Would be funny when we play the Jets on Thursday .

They start chanting, "Who's your captain?"

Then Price responds with a win (and the s-word).. lol

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I'd include Dale Weise to this list.

Captain material.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I'll go with Gallagher.

Is Pacioretty leading this PO ? Not really. Still not hustling, still not someone that inspire anything.

i keep waiting for him to take-over.

he needs to sacrifice his body, he did it a couple times, but not nearly enough to win me over.

if markov doesn't want it, doesn't look like he does, I would keep the same rotation for next year. unless of course, somebody (pk or pacioretty) take over the playoffs.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Pacioretty is recovering from a concussion. I don't want him "sacrificing his body" at the moment. It makes a lot of sense not to have an official captain. On this team, it's unnecessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad