Who is the next captain ?

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Honestly, in no hurry at all.

Bergevin said if need be, another year without captain.

Wouldn't co captain work? (Pacioretty+Subban, ala Chelios+Carbo?)

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Price.
Subban or Patches get the C though.

I'm honestly happy with 4 assistants. Don't get why a letter means so much to people.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Subban has effectively removed himself from captaincy talks with his travelling sideshow act. I thought he'd be a perfect role-model and choice but it doesn't seem that way.

Pacioretty has been disappointing in the playoffs so far in his career and I don't really like giving the C to scoring wingers to begin with.

Pretty disappointing turn of events, but we'll see as the playoffs go on. I definitely think we should have a captain by next season.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Subban has effectively removed himself from captaincy talks with his travelling sideshow act. I thought he'd be a perfect role-model and choice but it doesn't seem that way.

Pacioretty has been disappointing in the playoffs so far in his career and I don't really like giving the C to scoring wingers to begin with.

Pretty disappointing turn of events, but we'll see as the playoffs go on. I definitely think we should have a captain by next season.

No you didn't. You've been calling him a side show all year.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I used to think Pacioretty was the right choice but despite flashes of awesomeness he really knows how to turn down the intensity. He can cherry pick with the best of them too.

I think he needs to get a good rest in this off-season

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Subban, hes the only one who gets better under pressure, he never missed a game, clutch, fans love him, him and crosby are at the same level.

The team was scoring 4 goals per game but Since paciorretty came back the team is avging 1.5 goals/game in regular time. Usually your captain should inspire your team, hes obviously not.

Subban is the true captain

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Bunka, I hope that's not meant to be a racist joke (or attempt of)

I really hope it's Subban, however he isn't ready yet imo. The embellishment etc. need to stop.

I think next year we'll know.

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
it has never been more irrelevant than now; the leadership in this team is widespread. These guys are amazing right now!

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
PK Subban.

He may not be leading the poll right now - but following his Conn Smythe win in June he'll get all the support he needs.

samsquanch9*

How can someone actually want Pacioretty as captain? He isn't even in my top 5. Great regular season player but no heart. He has no ability to turn up the switch when necessary. Subban has to be the eventual captain. I'm very confident that he would rise to the occasion as he ALWAYS DOES. In the end the only thing you can't take from a player is heart and Subban will always have that advantage over Pacioretty. The only other candidates to me are Gallagher and possibly Galchenyuk in a few years. I'd rather no captain than giving it to Pacioretty

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com

Are you Gary who calls into TSN690?

Subban would be an excellent ambassador for the Canadiens. Listen to how he speaks about the organization. How much respect he has for all of our previous heroes. That interview of him talking about Mrs. Beliveau. I'd be fine with Pacioretty as well but I have to call you out if you don't see that about PK. The fact you're not even ok with Pacioretty. Give your head a shake.

You don't think Carbonneau, Gainey, Lafleur, Richard ever slashed anyone? You need to get a grip on reality.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Subban, hes the only one who gets better under pressure, he never missed a game, clutch, fans love him, him and crosby are at the same level.

The team was scoring 4 goals per game but Since paciorretty came back the team is avging 1.5 goals/game in regular time. Usually your captain should inspire your team, hes obviously not.

Lol yea obviously if Pacioretty was injured for longer we would've kept scoring 4 goals a game. :laugh:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Not subban and not patches, sorry just don't really see someone who turns it up a notch when it counts(thats could be a candidate). Subban more than patches if I had to choose. I would say Markov leads the team, but is not a C. I'm good with no C for a year or more. Hasn't hurt us this year one bit. Besides it means we would trade that player away by next season:p:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Can you guys tell me why Subban didn't have an A on his jersey in Game 2 but had it,I think, last night. Is that how they rotate it?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Are you Gary who calls into TSN690?

Subban would be an excellent ambassador for the Canadiens. Listen to how he speaks about the organization. How much respect he has for all of our previous heroes. That interview of him talking about Mrs. Beliveau. I'd be fine with Pacioretty as well but I have to call you out if you don't see that about PK. The fact you're not even ok with Pacioretty. Give your head a shake.

You don't think Carbonneau, Gainey, Lafleur, Richard ever slashed anyone? You need to get a grip on reality.

I recommend you try to read my post again.

Subban is an ideal captain for many reasons but his antics on the ice - and yes they are antics - detract from his persona. He's continued to dive, fart and play dirty into the playoffs - opposing players won't respect him, refs won't give him the light of day (clear crosscheck to his face - not called because "hey, it's Subban") and even his own teammates must have been furious after he left them short a man with over half a game left to play.

Otherwise, he'd a be a perfect captain.

As for Pacioretty, he does all the right things and plays the right way (a bit too soft, imo but that doesn't matter - he's an elite winger) but he hasn't stepped up in the playoffs and he's prone to scoring in bunches. I don't want that pressure on him.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

I'd wager that has to do with Desharnais playing 18 minutes a night when Patch plays, and 12 minutes a night when Patch doesn't play.

Off the ice, Patch is the better captain. On the ice though, there's only one true captain and that's PK. He's our most important skater and it's not even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad