Who is the most underrated player in the NHL hands down?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Chychrun is a good answer. He was a great prospect, but sort of stagnated for a little bit and is now breaking out in a huge way.

Reactions: shello

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Chychrun is a good choice right now.

Unfortunately, as people start to pick up on it, and think they're the first to realize it because small market, he'll be overrated by midway through next year.

Ekman-Larsson Disease.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Probably Spezza seeing as how he was put on waivers and nobody claimed him and he's 3rd on the Leafs in P60 ahead of $11 million Tavares.
Well he did say he’d retire if claimed, and that’s maybe more of a knock on Tavares than Spezza

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Chychrun is a good answer. He was a great prospect, but sort of stagnated for a little bit and is now breaking out in a huge way.
Chych never really stagnated. Dude had a great draft year and followed it up by making the NHL at 18 and needed a few years to develop. The problem was that he was WAY over scouted and dropped the last 4 months before the draft, for a few people on this site he was still seen as a top 5 pick on draft day. It was Chychrun or Dubois for me at 4th.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Chych never really stagnated. Dude had a great draft year and followed it up by making the NHL at 18 and needed a few years to develop. The problem was that he was WAY over scouted and dropped the last 4 months before the draft, for a few people on this site he was still seen as a top 5 pick on draft day. It was Chychrun or Dubois for me at 4th.
I feel like he really impressed as a rookie, but took a step back for a couple of seasons. Otherwise I agree. He's kind of like Ekblad in the sense that he was over-scouted.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I feel like he really impressed as a rookie, but took a step back for a couple of seasons. Otherwise I agree. He's kind of like Ekblad in the sense that he was over-scouted.
Physically dominant young dmen can hold their own defensively when they get into the league but after the first season I think it's less about disappointing play and more about disappointment in progression. The points don't come right away. Dmen like them get their heads caved in in possession as well due to this.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Jaccob Slavin

429 GP, 32G, 134A, +77, 60Pim, 22:47 TOI, 761 Blk

Draws opponents top line, night in and night out but doesn’t receive the press like other defenseman do because of the small Carolina market

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Physically dominant young dmen can hold their own defensively when they get into the league but after the first season I think it's less about disappointing play and more about disappointment in progression. The points don't come right away. Dmen like them get their heads caved in in possession as well due to this.
Exactly. That's why I think he kind of stagnated for a bit, but obviously is figuring it out now.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Probably Spezza seeing as how he was put on waivers and nobody claimed him and he's 3rd on the Leafs in P60 ahead of $11 million Tavares.

The waivers was purely an on-paper transaction, he wasn't actually available.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
dude was gripping his stick too tight trying to play a "I'm a top draft pick" game during his draft year rather than just playing his natural game

him falling so far remains a joke

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

He’s definitely having a great season and exceeding expectations for this point of his career. He’d have been claimed for sure though if he didn’t say he’d retire if claimed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad