Who is the most underrated player in the NHL hands down?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Jakob Chychrun

This isn't another small market guy getting the underrated title simply because he plays for a small market team (cough OEL), he is in the driver seat of his team's offense as 22-23 year old defenseman, while bringing a solid 2-way game.

Debrincat, Perron, Toews, Martinez, Hyman, Nurse are some other guys who belong in this discussion

Last edited:

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Probably Spezza seeing as how he was put on waivers and nobody claimed him and he's 3rd on the Leafs in P60 ahead of $11 million Tavares.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Hyman, and I don't like Leafs.
I didn't wanna say it cause I'd justly be called a Homer....
But its gotta be said. ZH is on the biggest microscope/overhyped franchise and he's still underrated. The guy does "vanilla" hockey at a very high level.
If Mike Babcock was right about only 1 thing; that's Hyman being the leagues best hound.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Chychurn is for sure, Stone is for sure another. Not most underrated but then you have guys like Verhaege who is a steal of a deal. Lots if smaller market teams have some guys as well. Look at the jets, Shefielle (sp) Ehlers. Good players you never hear about. A lot of guys fly under the radar.

Reactions: Macheteops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->