Who is the equivalent of Domi in a 1 for 1?

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Why did you only post his stats for last season? Did he put up similar numbers the year before? I forget.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
28 goals and 44 assists for a total of 72 points in 82 games on the horribad Canadiens.

Who would you say has equal value to Domi right now?

Well, there's still some red flags with Domi.

Defensively he was a bit underwhelming, he's below average at faceoffs and it was such a massive jump from previous years.

If he repeats close to this year, yeah his value is sky high but I don't think many GMs would gamble on Domi at this point, at least not with a huge return.

He's young and so talented, those red flags will go away but he's a tough one to evaluate value

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Why did you only post his stats for last season? Did he put up similar numbers the year before? I forget.
He scored 52 points in 82 games as a rookie
38 points in 59 games the following year (53 point pace)
45 points in 82 games the year before last

Which season would you like to focus on? His worst, his best (most recent), or his first 2 in the league?

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
He scored 52 points in 82 games as a rookie
38 points in 59 games the following year (53 point pace)
45 points in 82 games the year before last

Which season would you like to focus on? His worst, his best (most recent), or his first 2 in the league?

Let's focus on his worst then go from there.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
His floor value is probably Duchene and ceiling value is Kuznetsov

tenor.gif

What

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Well, he had his worst season and knew he had to do better, so he followed up by destroying everything and everyone in his path the next season...72 points as (mostly) a 23 year old is nothing short of elite.
He was buoyed by unsustainable percentages. His true talent is likely low 60s

Reactions: Conbon

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Last year he had 9 goals and 36 assists. His value isn't going to be anything close to what you think it is because you are only looking at the top end of his performances.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Would anyone trade Nylander for Domi with a caveat that he can replicate his most recent season? I know Willy has an elite skill set, but Domi can possibly bring what Leafs don't have (some snarl and sand paper). I am just asking. I am not saying I would or wouldn't. This is not a trade proposal.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Would anyone trade Nylander for Domi with a caveat that he can replicate his most recent season? I know Willy has an elite skill set, but Domi can possibly bring what Leafs don't have (some snarl and sand paper). I am just asking. I am not saying I would or wouldn't. This is not a trade proposal.
If Domi can replicate his most recent season he has far more value than Nylander. Like you said he brings things that Nylander doesn't, Nylander would have to outproduce Domi by 10 points per year for them to be considered equal value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad