Who Is The Best Player That Nobody Talks About?

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Barkov gets my vote. If he played on a team with a larger market or at the very least a more successful team we would hear about him a lot more.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Barkov.

There was a short period of time during the spring when Barkov was subject of discussion relatively lot even in this forum. But that lasted for what? Two weeks or so? Apart from that... There really isn't lot. And it has been so since his draft year. There was no "Laine" kind of hype even though Barkov played one hell of draft year. Hell, even Mikael Granlund probably had more hype at some point...

For a center who is currently arguably top5 at his position, there sure isn't a lot of talk about Barkov.

Mikael Granlund wasn’t hyped pre draft, but the two years following the draft he had to have been one of the most hyped players of late. Definitely more than Barkov ever got. I think it’s because Granlund was a more “dynamic” player whereas Barkovs game is more straightforward.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think Barkov is a pretty fair answer... also agree that Gibson tends to get overlooked.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For the Flyers, probably Jake Voracek

Quietly had an 85 point season last year (his 2nd 80 plus point season in the last 4 years) in the shadow of Girouxs offense and Couturiers two-way play.

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Slavin. He's a great young defensive defenseman, maybe even the best defensive defenseman in the league. Yet, no one talks about him. Hopefully, he'll soon be talked about like Vlasic is/was.

Slavin falls into the underrated by media category, but he is certainly not underrated on HF Boards.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

HoBOonFiRE

Nov 8, 2009
Oshawa
Mark Stone, Johnathan Huberdeau, Rickard Rakell, Seth Jones, Eric Staal

5 that popped into my head..so that must mean there are better choices, hence the title of the thread.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Mikko Rantanen got 84 points in his second NHL season. Rarely do you hear about him and when you do its mostly about him leeching points because of MacKinnon.

To be fair, at least on this board, a lot of the "leeching" talk I read was coming directly from Avs fans who said Rantanen was clearly the third wheel on the MacKinnon/Landeskog line. That said, 84 points is still 84 points.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Krug is another underrated player.

came here to say Krug

top 5 in points, top 10 in goals for defenders last year

has improved every year 39 to 44 to 51 to 59 points and 3 straight years with 40+ assists, and is only 26.

He's also a big game player in the playoffs:

scored 4 goals against Lundqvist as a fill in rookie
2-8-10 in 12 games
3-9-12 in 11 games

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Lots of solid choices..

I'll go with Joe Pavelski.

Put up 60 points 8 times now, but doesn't get brought up much by media.

Nor is there any threads about him..

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
There are lots of good players like Barkov who don't get any credit. But the best player who really never gets his dues is Giroux. #5 in overall points in the last 5 years. Has a terrible year in 2017, has a career year the next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad