Who is the baddest man in the NHL?

Toughest player in the NHL?

• Total voters

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Who has the best fight record, and who has the best record against other top fighters, who hits the hardest, who plays through injuries the most. There’s your answer, I doubt wilson is the toughest since he had a boogeyman in reaves. Anyone willing to do the data for all the categories I just stated ?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This is so easy.

biff_tannen_0.jpg

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Reaves seems like he is built like a cast iron stove in fights

he doesnt look off balance too much and rags players when they are initially trying to get their strong side jersey hold

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Who has the best fight record, and who has the best record against other top fighters, who hits the hardest, who plays through injuries the most. There’s your answer, I doubt wilson is the toughest since he had a boogeyman in reaves. Anyone willing to do the data for all the categories I just stated ?

Lets try this a different way.
He fights the best fighters. He punches cheap shot artists into the hospital.
He is easily the fastest of these players. Ask Visnovsky who hits hardest.
Has Wilson been injured past a concussion?
He plays on the 1st line, scores 20 goals, plays on pk1 and all the primary defensive situations. How is Reaves as bad as that. Rather than the 1st line Reaves gets healthy scratched.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Lets try this a different way.
He fights the best fighters. He punches cheap shot artists into the hospital.
He is easily the fastest of these players. Ask Visnovsky who hits hardest.
Has Wilson been injured past a concussion?
He plays on the 1st line, scores 20 goals, plays on pk1 and all the primary defensive situations. How is Reaves as bad as that. Rather than the 1st line Reaves gets healthy scratched.
This has nothing to do with how many points they produce or how fast they can be. This is who is the hardest/ most bad ass, wilson isn’t a slouch by any means but I doubt he’s number 1. Again like I said if we use strictly fighting stats we can find out who’s the toughest/most badass

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This has nothing to do with how many points they produce or how fast they can be. This is who is the hardest/ most bad ass, wilson isn’t a slouch by any means but I doubt he’s number 1. Again like I said if we use strictly fighting stats we can find out who’s the toughest/most badass

Well...the fastest guy gets to more hits. The fastest guy hits harder with more energy when they hit. You really think Wilson doesnt hit the hardest? Or do you just mean punch the hardest? Is fighting all there is to being bad? Ok. Give it to Reaves

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
If you mean bad as in a cigar-smoking "i'm sorry i bumped into you" way then probably Byfuglien tbh.

If you mean bad as in "I want this guy dead, but probably wouldn't if he was on my team" then Wilson is your guy

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Well...the fastest guy gets to more hits. The fastest guy hits harder with more energy when they hit. You really think Wilson doesnt hit the hardest? Or do you just mean punch the hardest? Is fighting all there is to being bad? Ok. Give it to Reaves
That’s not how it works, sure speed plays a part but frame and technique also play parts on how hard you can hit. I get your a wilson fanboy but until someone can use all the data to accurately figure out who’s the strongest I’ll refrain from naming anybody

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The guy who causes entire organizations to re-evaluate their approach to things, and serves as justification for making otherwise frowned upon decisions. Tom Wilson.

The difference with Wilson, is that he's in the sort of "toughness" and "physical intimidation" bracket to at least go toe-to-toe with anyone on this list. But unlike others in that bracket, he's also an actual honest to goodness, contributing top half of your roster sort of contributor at the same time. Which adds a very different wrinkle to his impact. Others are either not quite in the same conversation in physicality and intimidation factor, or in a significantly lower echelon of actual hockey player. Throw in Wilson's willingness to fully play like a wildman without concern for consequences...and he's the runaway leader in this topic.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Why on earth are people saying Chara? I mean yeah he is tall and has crazy endurance, and surely he is strong, but how is he the ”baddest”?

For someone that big he isn’t even physical, rarely if ever lands a punch in his fights etc. to be ”bad” you should be atleast somewhat ”scary” if you were 5,11 feet, Chara at 5’11 wouldn’t be that at all

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
Does he still spend his off seasons in Boston traffic intersections licking windshields for tips? Real tough guy.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Baddest and toughest ain't the same thing. Baddest is Tom Wilson and not a lot of question about that, but I don't think he's the toughest as he doesn't like it coming back. Not that I know who the toughest is.

Reactions: Ignite111

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Dont know how Watson is on this list,he already had a thread about him being one of the worst fighters...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Too Bad Adam McQuaid isn't still playing. Love Quaider. From your list I pick Looch. I saw him fight in Boston many times .

Last edited:

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
People are confusing good hockey play with the toughest. Wilson is a lot better than Reaves, but you can go on YouTube and find multiple videos of Reaves beating the crap out of Wilson in a fight or sending Wilson's helmet flying with a heavy hit.

Wilson is a better hockey player. Guys like Reaves and Lucic are noticeably tougher or "bad" as the thread put it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Wilson. literally got the Rangers GM fired, the team fined and then made them give u assets + cap space to try and counteract him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad