Who is the baddest man in the NHL?

Toughest player in the NHL?

• Total voters

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Reaves

Not sure if Wilson fits this criteria. I consider him more of a Marchand player. A very effective contributor to the team who also is able to get under the other teams skin.
I obviously know nothing about this. But if I had to guess I’d say other teams hate playing against him rather than be intimidated of him.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Well, why were Probert and McSorley viewed as the apex?

Couldn’t tell ya. By all means maybe I’m wrong.

But why should performance be in here? Shouldn’t this be more of a “which player is more feared” question? Not “which player can be intimidating and be a solid contributor to their team”

Idk just the way I’m viewing this thread.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gotta be Wilson, guy is an absolute wrecking ball that creates his own problems then solves them. Guys like Reaves are just there as deterrents, but Wilson is ALWAYS a nuisance.

Plus it can't be Reaves when he spent the better part of two years ducking Kurtis MacDermid. Reaves established himself as a monster but since has become a bit of a spot picking diva who likes the bright lights more than the grit work.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Wilson. Lots of guys can be awful at hockey and just be tough but there are no other Tom Wilson’s.

Ryan Reaves loses by default for once making a video of him calling himself a bad man in the mirror.
PF3yHvnFfVNl.gif

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Reaves or Lucic with MacDermid and Johnston not far behind. Tom Wilson doesn't belong in the conversation.

Dark horse candidate would be Samuel Morin, who absolutely flattened Johnston last season.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No one in the NHL is going to beat Samuel Morin in a fight. He is just animalistic when the gloves come off and at 6'7 he is just so hard to both hit and avoid getting hit against. Would have loved to see him go with a young Chara.

Problem is that he is 7/8 on the depth chart and unlikely to play more than 10-15 games this upcoming season.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Interesting list. Watson, Manson, and Nurse wouldn't crack the top 20. Maroon is way down the list also.

Remove a few of the guys and add Oleksiak, Morin, Lowry, and the Ritchie brothers. Oleksiak beats up Maroon every time they fight and is 1-1 against Deslauriers. He had the bad showing against Wilson a few years back but I still say he wasn't ready for that fight and Wilson got the quick jump. Lowry will fight anyone and you could argue he beat Reaves in their recent fight. He's had good scraps with Brett Ritchie. The Ritchie brothers win pretty much every fight they are in but they just don't have a huge fight card. Brett Ritchie has beat Tom Wilson and his only close fights are with Lowry. He just throws sledgehammers win he fights.

Reaves is probably still tops based on reputation but he hasn't had a good fight in ages. He needs to have some good heavyweight tilts this year. Lucic is the scariest because you never know if he is going to snap. Wilson scares you more because he might throw a dirty hit but as a fighter he's outside the top 5. MacDermid is top 3 for me.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Fighting Reaves, but tough,hitting and fighting combined its Wilson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad