Who is the baddest man in the NHL?

Toughest player in the NHL?

• Total voters

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
It's like the sleeping bear, he doesn't seem that dangerous. Every now and then someone pokes the bear and gets Lucic pissed off and he proceeds to wreck shit. On a day to day basis I'd pick Reeves but a pissed off Lucic is like a tornado.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
It's like the sleeping bear, he doesn't seem that dangerous. Every now and then someone pokes the bear and gets Lucic pissed off and he proceeds to wreck shit. On a day to day basis I'd pick Reeves but a pissed off Lucic is like a tornado.
The guy that quit mid fight with Colton Orr?

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Probably Wilson. In addition to being the most physically imposing player, he can play on the top line, so the quantity, quality and frequency of players he can hit/fight is far beyond the rest.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Depends how you view it.

If it's only fighting, it's Reaves or Lucic.

If it's the player you'd least like to play against it's Wilson. He can skate and hits to hurt.

Reactions: northeastern

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Reaves/Lucic is the easy answer for winning a fight.

Wilson is the answer for all around combo of badness. He hits harder, can hang with them in a fight and has a serious mean streak in all areas. Lucic actually played in a time with real enforcers in the NHL and held his own, in todays NHL when he wants to he can basically destroy 99% of players fairly easily

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Micheal Ferland would've been in this conversation if not for the concussions ending his career. Wilson is the clear answer here.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Baddest dude is clearly Tom Wilson.
Not because he's the toughest, or because he's the best fighter; because in both cases he's not. He has that willingness to do illegal things and be so unafraid of the music that follows.

If you're talking baddest dudes in terms of being able to fight and destroy people; it's between Reeves and Lucic.
It's been kind of fun watching Lucic over the past two seasons in Calgary. He doesn't fight much because guys are just out of his weight class and ability class. But man, does he ever pummel guys. I feel bad for guys like Josh Anderson and Darnell Nurse; they're sort of 'tough guys' in the league in modern times, and Lucic smacked both around fairly easily.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Wilson isn't the toughest at all per say.

The toughest combination of strength and willingness to injure opponents yes. Toughest? No. Not even close. His reputation due to his willingness to injure and cheapshot far precedes him.

Reaves or Angry Lucic is my vote.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Lucic still gets mad on the ice? When he was in Edmonton we only saw him get pouty at fan criticism. ;)

But, if I could be serious for a minute, Lucic is still a nuclear deterrent. Big time. Just not as effective offensively as he was in his prime. Wilson is sort of a present day Lucic. I'd say Reaves should get the nod in this poll, but Lucic still needs to be in the discussion.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
A man that tries to kill a fellow player by kneeling on his throat gets my vote as the baddest man. The toughest of present players in the list is Lucic. And it is a no contest. BTW - why is Chara not in the list? He'd get my vote for both baddest and toughest player in NHL atm. And he is the one of the baddest and toughest of all of them all time, too.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
One of these guys has an entire franchise restructuring their team because they are scared of him. I would say it should go to him.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad