Prospect Info: Who is Canucks #8 prospect?

pullyoursocksup

Jun 30, 2009
This exercise is hilarious.

Linden Vey, given his production in the AHL, is easily the Canucks top prospect.

Others may pass him in the next few years but, at the moment, Vey is the man.

Absolutely. Vey should not be anywhere near #8. I'd still put Virtanen and Horvat in the mix, but undoubtedly Vey should be top 3. His junior and AHL production is excellent, he has played in the nhl briefly, and looks to be set for a third-line role in the NHL this coming season.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Absolutely. Vey should not be anywhere near #8. I'd still put Virtanen and Horvat in the mix, but undoubtedly Vey should be top 3. His junior and AHL production is excellent, he has played in the nhl briefly, and looks to be set for a third-line role in the NHL this coming season.

Why not #8? No team valued h worth more than the 50th pick, not the Canucks, not the Kings, not the 28 other teams. A case can be made for him being higher than 8 (AHL production) and a case can be made for him being lower (Demko was higher rated at #36 by Benning and is still on the board at #9+ on this).

cc

Feb 28, 2002
He's played three pro seasons.

He's just turned 23 with 18 NHL games. He's pretty clearly a prospect. By the terms of this site or by simple common sense.

Regardless, I believe he's graduated. He will be playing in the NHL
By the terms of this site, Schroeder is considered a prospect too and I don't consider him a prospect as well

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Personally I'd probably go Hutton/Subban with the next two, but I can see an argument for Fox/Cassels/Demko for the next few slots.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Personally I'd probably go Hutton/Subban with the next two, but I can see an argument for Fox/Cassels/Demko for the next few slots.

Man I'm in Canuck fan heaven if Hutton, Fox, Cassels, Subban, and Demko, or any combination of the above, are in fact our number 9 through 13 prospects, and McEneny hasn't even been mentioned yet, nor Kenins, Forsling, or Zalewski.

It's all good news, looking at the bigger picture.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Man I'm in Canuck fan heaven if Hutton, Fox, Cassels, Subban, and Demko, or any combination of the above, are in fact our number 9 through 13 prospects, and McEneny hasn't even been mentioned yet, nor Kenins, Forsling, or Zalewski.

It's all good news, looking at the bigger picture.

It's certainly a nice change to have prospects around 8-12 that have conceviable paths to the NHL that aren't hideous longshots.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Canucks rate Demko over Vey
Demko was the top rated player in his position for the draft

Demko easily. The goalie hatred on this site is ridiculous. He is a better prospect hands down

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Canucks rate Demko over Vey
Demko was the top rated player in his position for the draft

Demko easily. The goalie hatred on this site is ridiculous. He is a better prospect hands down

I'm a big fan of goaltenders, especially so of Canucks ones, but also through watching the likes of Brodeur(The King) and Mclean, and others around the league like Roy, Hasek, Fuhr, Vernon, Hextall, Barasso, Malarchuk, Peeters, which made me want to play goalie growing up, and that's what I still play, albeit at this point just for 'suds and buds', I have an affinity for them and the position, and I really like Demko. I think he could be a solid prospect and player for us if, knock on wood all is good with his development, but I would still rate Vey as the better prospect in comparison. It has nothing to do with 'hating goalies' as a member of this site or as a Nucks fan. I would have rated Demko higher than 8th, but then I would have rated Vey higher than 8th too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad