Prospect Info: Who is Canucks #8 prospect?

vincetheprince

Mar 28, 2007
Can't wait to see our future team!

Shinkaruk - Fox? - Jensen
Virtanen - Horvat - Kassian
Guance - McCann - Bonino
Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

I really hope Fox explodes into the NHL.

Dorsett and Richardson will be out before McCann and Virtanen step into the line up. Maybe Grenier, Cassels etc. to replace them.

Dead Cat Bounce

Dec 30, 2013
This exercise is hilarious.

Linden Vey, given his production in the AHL, is easily the Canucks top prospect.

Others may pass him in the next few years but, at the moment, Vey is the man.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Voted cassels

Vey shouldn't be counted as a prospect

palefire

Jun 3, 2005
I'm thinking that the guy who was picked #36 three weeks ago should be ahead of the guy who was acquired straight up for the #50 three weeks ago.

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
This exercise is hilarious.

Linden Vey, given his production in the AHL, is easily the Canucks top prospect.

Others may pass him in the next few years but, at the moment, Vey is the man.

It depends what you mean by top prospect.

Vey is the closest to having an impact in the NHL. That doesn't make him our top prospect in my books. When I vote for top prospect, I vote for the guy who I think will provide the greatest total benefit to our franchise. If Vey ends up having a better career than pretty any of the guys listed above him, we have made some serious mistakes in drafting.

Horvat, Virtanen, Shinkaruk and McCann should all have significantly better careers than Vey.

Gaunce, Jensen and Corrado are much closer to his potential impact, IMO, but I'd have them all above him due to ceiling.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
OP, I know it's a minor thing but it's spelled "McCann", not "Mccann". Spelling mistakes annoy me, especially when they're consistent.

Crazy to think how low Vey has fallen. I know he isn't the highest potential prospect but he's put up great numbers in the AHL, numbers that if Jensen put up, maybe Jensen would actually deserve his ranking. Definitely has 2nd line potential.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
voted Vey because he's the most NHL ready. could have picked demko on potential though.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
OP, I know it's a minor thing but it's spelled "McCann", not "Mccann". Spelling mistakes annoy me, especially when they're consistent.

Crazy to think how low Vey has fallen. I know he isn't the highest potential prospect but he's put up great numbers in the AHL, numbers that if Jensen put up, maybe Jensen would actually deserve his ranking. Definitely has 2nd line potential.

Let's just hope he surprises ;)

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
I will be thrilled if Vey can become a second liner. I'm not convinced at this point. It's not like he's a sure-fire NHLer. He is waiver eligible, so he will definitely be playing on our NHL team this year - however, he could still bust. Just as other prospects could still bust.

What I'm saying is, just because Vey is so close to the NHL, doesn't make him an NHLer.

So I'll vote Hutton here, due to his upside. Hutton had a mammoth year last season, setting records for his school and scoring the most goals in college hockey (IIRC). He has tremendous talent.

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
Only on this board could a prospect who flounders in the AHL for more than half the season and play well with two of the best players in the NHL for 5 games could be voted higher than a player who has been near PPG for majority of his AHL career.

Vey for me.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Hutton by a country mile.

Has top pairing potential.

Only concern is getting him locked up before he has a chance to Schultz the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad