Prospect Info: Who is Canucks #5 prospect?

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
This vote is too close. I feel if votes are +/- 5 of each other, its too close to call.

I suggest a run-off vote for the top 3 in this case.

Probably a little more accurate, but takes to much time. We are ranking 20+ prospects.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Not the whole story. You would expect Gaunce to increase a little bit over his offensive production in his draft year, but instead he has maintained a steady ppg of around 1.0.

Most prospects start out at the highest potential point and trend downward as the level ramps up. Gaunce is going to surprise a few people IMHO, he's starting a little lower but he will have a much shallower career trajectory, he'll be very samesy at every level.

Jordalenko

Dec 10, 2008
Vey just accepted his QO which is a two way deal.

Unless the Canucks are prepared to lose him on waivers....he's already made the team.

This is why I don't put Vey on this list. For him he is going to get to play and although he has no resume he is old enough to have graduated. He was a tweener in LA and held down by the many veterans in the top 6 and the style of forwards they prefer on the bottom 6. Which leads me to think he will see time on 2nd PP and 2nd line here. Might be a guy who plays with Kassian as muh as Bonino does.

5th best prospect: Tryamkin. Canucks are desperate for him to make it. He is old enough that he could step in this year if he wasn't obligated to his KHL team. Definitely going to get a long look in Vancouver.

Nothing against McCann, Hutton, Corrado, Jensen, Blaine and Gaunce but I like Cassels and Demko for 6+7 too. So much of developing is attitude and circumstance. Those guys see a way to make it here for one reason or another. I think that helps motivate and focus.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
This didn't happen.

He had a decent 5 games when being carried by Henrik Sedin, then was horrible for about a dozen games after that.

It does remind me one of the more memorable and least like goal-event of last season:

Goal by Henrik Sedin, assisted by Nicklas Jensen and Tom Sestito.

Could have made a lot of money predicting that sequence...

This, of course, was that amazing 7-4 Islanders game.

Jordalenko

Dec 10, 2008
Most prospects start out at the highest potential point and trend downward as the level ramps up. Gaunce is going to surprise a few people IMHO, he's starting a little lower but he will have a much shallower career trajectory, he'll be very samesy at every level.

I would love it if you were right. But I wonder if he plays with enough of an edge to slow the game down a bit when he doesn't have the right match up and his foot speed is an issue. Definitely has a nice pressure free path to develop. He will be in the AHL and people will be watching a Shinkaruk, Jensen and Fox as much or more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad