Prospect Info: Who is Canucks #5 prospect?

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
I'm a fan of Virtanen, and a very vocal one at that, and i'd never say that he's a better prospect than Vey.

If he's not a better prospect then why could Vey only muster a 50th overall pick while Virtanen was worth the #6?

23 year olds who've had good AHL careers but have done nothing at the NHL level are hardly rare and several are traded for mid round picks every year (Pirri, Holland, and Vey are 3 off the top of my head from last season). They're not even in the same realm as 17-18 year old top 10 picks in terms of value as prospects.

More proven? Sure. But pretty much any half decent pro player is more proven than an 18 year old CHL player.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Some posters are very likely going to be seriously disappointed with Vey judging by some of the comments in here. If he was that good of a prospect that he should be ranked ahead of first rounder then LA would not trade him for a late 2nd, they'd fine a way to make room for him or hold out for a better return.

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
Some posters are very likely going to be seriously disappointed with Vey judging by some of the comments in here. If he was that good of a prospect that he should be ranked ahead of first rounder then LA would not trade him for a late 2nd, they'd fine a way to make room for him or hold out for a better return.

I think it has less to do with L.A. valuing Vey more or less then our 1st, but more about how much they valued Mckeown. You probably noticed that Dougherty went right after him. L.A. probably ranked Mckeown as a 1st round talent and realized they needed to jump Nashville. So they had to do a cost benefit on Mckeown vs. Vey and they came to the conclusion of who was more valuable to their organization.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010

Of course. There has never been a good player lost in the shuffle before.:shakehead

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
When can I reasonably expect that?

Well we have seen stints of it last year where Jensen was the Canucks best forward. We can expect to start seeing more this coming year or at worst the season after. I can seen Jensen starting in Utica and then being called up due to injury and playing really well.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Well we have seen stints of it last year where Jensen was the Canucks best forward. We can expect to start seeing more this coming year or at worst the season after. I can seen Jensen starting in Utica and then being called up due to injury and playing really well.

I don't recall when Jensen was the Canucks best forward.

Willting*

Jensen needs extra time in the AHL anyways. His production their was mediocre and his short stint in the NHL hasn't justified a full time spot for next season.

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
This didn't happen.

He had a decent 5 games when being carried by Henrik Sedin, then was horrible for about a dozen games after that.

It's not my fault you don't watch all the games. The games he scored he wasn't carried by anyone. The goals were complete snipes.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Crazy how Corrado caught up. It was a two horse race between McCann and Gaunce for a while but if we are to do a redraw, seems like it should include those two and Corrado as well. Although Vey is close, in terms of voting, he seems to be one step too far behind.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
It's not my fault you don't watch all the games. The games he scored he wasn't carried by anyone. The goals were complete snipes.

Being carried by someone doesn't mean being fed passes backdoor like Anson Carter was. Possession is key. Without Henrik or Burrows/Higgins retaining possession, Jensen doesn't get the puck at all for his shots. I don't think anybody is arguing that Jensen doesn't have shooting talent, but there's much to be desired for everything else about him. Did you not see him float around doing nothing for the last couple of games? Geez, if he isn't what we're saying he is, then he wouldn't struggle so much in the AHL.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
This vote is too close. I feel if votes are +/- 5 of each other, its too close to call.

I suggest a run-off vote for the top 3 in this case.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00