Prospect Info: Who is Canucks #5 prospect?

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Corrado has the highest chance of becoming a full-time NHL player IMO. Vey is probably close and might have higher upside, but also has the risk of being a top-6 or bust type.

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
It's close for me between Vey and McCann. Vey has shown so much more at every level, even out scored McCann in his own draft year. Both are similar size, so you gotta go with the stats on this one I think.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I voted corrado as i think he's the closest to making the big team.

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
Voted Gaunce, i think his IQ is second to Horvat, he'll be a very useful jack of all trades player. He has a couple years development on McCann so I put Gaunce in front of him.

Also Vey has basically been given a roster spot so I'm not really considering him a prospect.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
My order from this point on is probably McCann, Vey, Gaunce, Corrado in terms of the players. My only problem is where do I put in Demko seeing how he has the potential to be a #1, although in quite a few years.

Goalies are always tough to slot in... you don't want to put a future Schneider way down at the bottom of the list. ;)

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
Corrado. He was basically the last cut out of training camp in our defencemen (and only because of waiver eligibility and no room on our back end).

Come to think of it, he's been the last cut out of a lot of camps i.e. WJC...

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
McCann for me. I love his dynamic offensive skillset and I feel really good about him. He'll be a player.

76108de624.png

also rofl this is going to be an interesting decision

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
Hmm it's getting tougher. There are a lot of good options around this point. I have Corrado around the same area as Jensen. I really like Jensen and think he'll be a very good scoring winger for the Canucks, probably on the second line. I see Corrado becoming a very reliable 2-way dman who will be part of our top-4 for a long time. I like him as a player and as a personality, he's mature and is a great interview.

However, I think I would actually put McCann ahead of them both. He has a couple question marks, but he has so many tools. I feel like at worst, he'll develop into a reliable 2-way center. But he's fast, smart and has a great shot. He's also a somewhat late birthday, being 3.5 months away from the draft cutoff. I think he has a pretty good chance at breaking out next year in the OHL. He is the kind of guy I think of when looking at who might break out and make teams wish they hadn't passed on him at the draft. He's got the skills, he's got the hockey IQ, all he needs is to crank up his intensity and get to the next gear, where he's playing hard every shift, every game, making something happen every time he's out.

I'm going to make a wild prediction and say he puts up 85 points in the OHL next season. And for this reason, I'll vote McCann here.

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
I also really like Gaunce. He could be an important part of our team for years. He's really close for me to the other guys that I would place around this area. Hutton as well.

Vey is interesting but I wouldn't rank him this high personally. He's intriguing but has so many question marks. I'm interested to see how he does at camp, and early on this season, because he'll be one of the first things that fans will judge Benning on.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
This really shows the depth of our prospect pool when the next 4 prospects are going to be neck and neck.

OVOXO*

Oiler fan coming in. Surprised Virtanen lost to Horvat by such a huge margin. Why's that? I see Virtanen as an elite goal-scorer whereas Horvat as a solid 2C.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Oiler fan coming in. Surprised Virtanen lost to Horvat by such a huge margin. Why's that? I see Virtanen as an elite goal-scorer whereas Horvat as a solid 2C.

Because Horvat had an excellent draft +1 year, whereas Virtanen has yet to do that.

Love

Feb 29, 2012

Maybe just a difference of opinion, or maybe some see both Virtanen and Horvat as 2nd line players but Horvat being more valuable because of his position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad