Who from Quebec City would jump ship?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
If you had asked me this a few years ago(pre-Gainey) I would have said "Not a Damn chance in Hell!". But after everything that happened since? I've grown to distance myself from the Habs. This team and the way they've played under Therrien have become so unlikeable, so displeasing, last season was horrible to watch, they won games only cause of Price period. If not for McCarron, Sherback, Semin and Kassian, I have would zero excitement to watch their return for another season.

I think Therrien and Bargenbin have made me to almost hate the team. So it wouldn't take too much at this point in time for me to Jump Ship. I was in fact contemplating doing that last year and kept wondering which team I would root for if I would pick another team. Now I would have my answer. (no hard feeling, guys)

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
If you had asked me this a few years ago(pre-Gainey) I would have said "Not a Damn chance in Hell!". But after everything that happened since? I've grown to distance myself from the Habs. This team and the way they've played under Therrien have become so unlikeable, so displeasing, last season was horrible to watch, they won games only cause of Price period. If not for McCarron, Sherback, Semin and Kassian, I have would zero excitement to watch their return for another season.

I think Therrien and Bargenbin have made me to almost hate the team. So it wouldn't take too much at this point in time for me to Jump Ship. I was in fact contemplating doing that last year and kept wondering which team I would root for if I would pick another team. Now I would have my answer. (no hard feeling, guys)

Please go ahead, no one here is going to stop you.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

Then you never were a real fan to begin with. By your logic, if the Nords hire a **** coach, you will distance yourself and consider changing for another team...

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal

I also think we played an extremely boring brand of hockey last year, I hate Therrien and his ''system'' aka protecting 1 goal leads and counting on Price to save his ass etc.

But I'd never turn my back on this franchise, only fairweather fans would.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I also think we played an extremely boring brand of hockey last year, I hate Therrien and his ''system'' aka protecting 1 goal leads and counting on Price to save his ass etc.

No kidding. I was raised this way, I could see it now calling my pops "Hey dad...ummm... I'm not a Montreal Canadiens fan anymore."

Not Possible.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I dont know why people keep saying that. Probably because they assume french -> sovereignist.

Also, I'm sick of hearing the "They won't go there, it's french' as if it was a crime. It was refreshing to see an international star select Montreal this summer because of having a different culture. I know Quebec is much less "bilingual" than Montreal but it's not impossible to live there and it's not impossible to learn a god damn language.

I love Québec city. The old city is absolutely beautiful, and I found the people extremely friendly. Anyone refusing to play there clearly hasn't been there. You're also right that it's pretty damn easy to learn basic french and get by perfectly well.

100% agreed. You only appreciate the good times when you've stuck it out through the bad.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Nah Nordiques were my first love (always have been). It was my first hockey moment with my granddad.

To put this in perspective, it's like if your fiancé (nordiques) that you loved so much just disapeared the next day and everyone think that she was killed. You are heartbroken but then you settle a couple years later with a fine other girl (habs) but you always keep hope that your fiancé as foolish as it may sounds will come back but you almost lose all hope and then one day, they find her again. You still have the same love just like if she never left but you are dating another girl (habs). It's hard to broke with your GF (habs) as you still have some feeling but the love of your lost fiancé is just too strong to not try to go back with her.

That's asinine. If you haven't moved on in those years, then you have issues.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
Québec city will never attract players though. It's like Winnipeg but worse as everyone speaks French.

You've obviously never been to Winnipeg. Those are two very different cities, very different. I also can't think of anybody who would choose Winnipeg over Quebec, unless that player was from Winnipeg... and even then...

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
If you had asked me this a few years ago(pre-Gainey) I would have said "Not a Damn chance in Hell!". But after everything that happened since? I've grown to distance myself from the Habs. This team and the way they've played under Therrien have become so unlikeable, so displeasing, last season was horrible to watch, they won games only cause of Price period.

Wait, really? Pre-Gainey with Tremblay and Therrien's first go coaching with the worst Habs team of all time you were all "Not a Damn chance in hell!", the year Theodore literally put the team on his back because it had no talent and during Gainey with Jacques Martin you were all "Not a damn chance in hell!" but it's this team with Therrien you feel the team has zero excitement?

Either you have a very selective memory or I don't quite understand you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad