Who from Quebec City would jump ship?

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Yeah, Quebec won't fill the team with Quebec born players. They will just acquire one French Canadian better than any French Canadian Hab.

Some Quebecois adopted Tampa Bay as their team back when Lecavalier and St. Louis were there. That's all they need. Quebec comes in, trades for Huberdeau and Drouin, suddenly they are the talk to the town.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
How is the line-up decided? They assumed players who wouldn't be claimed on each team and made the picks?

If so, how the **** would Desharnais not make this team?

They also built a team for LV and probably put a cap on the amount of players that could be claimed from a team (as should be the case).

LV ended up with Dale Weise. No mention as to whether Desharnais was protected.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, Quebec won't fill the team with Quebec born players. They will just acquire one French Canadian better than any French Canadian Hab.

Some Quebecois adopted Tampa Bay as their team back when Lecavalier and St. Louis were there. That's all they need. Quebec comes in, trades for Huberdeau and Drouin, suddenly they are the talk to the town.

If PKP is anywhere near that team, you can bet your *** that there will be mandatory french classes for all the players. That guy is insane. :laugh:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
How many players will sleep at Stastny's hotel the first few weeks you guys think?

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011

I won't say no to Huberdeau and Drouin in an expansion team. :)

Dripper

Jul 29, 2003
Québec
Visit site
I was a Habs fan even when the Nords were there, no reason to jump ship. I never hated them either though. I don't expect to watch many Nords games.

One thing for sure is there's a lot of Bruins fans in Quebec City who'll jump ship.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Habs forever, no question.

But then again I live in Quebec, I don't come from Quebec. That is a fairly big difference, my entire family are Habs fans as were most from my hometown.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Québec city will never attract players though. It's like Winnipeg but worse as everyone speaks French.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Québec city will never attract players though. It's like Winnipeg but worse as everyone speaks French.

A good hockey culture can change that. Edmonton for years couldn't attract players without overpaying despite one of the lowest tax brackets in the league.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011

You can easily live in Quebec city in English. I have few friends that don't speak a single word of French, but living in Quebec city for now over 5 years without any problem.
Young people are mostly bilingual or fluent in English, and there are always at least 1 person in the place that speaks proper English.
It won't really be a motive for not going to Quebec in my opinion.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
When we trade Desharnais to Quebec for their first overall pick half the members here will go to Quebec.

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
He would have done the same with Montreal, his mom didn't want him to play in a francophone place, the Quebec province. IIRC, Montreal is in Quebec.

Ron MacLean once claimed that Lindros said he'd play in Montreal.

4 minute mark.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

They might not attract many players at first because they won't be a good team, but I highly doubt players will refuse to go there because of the language spoken or because of the weather. There's a lot of snow during the winter, but it's pretty much the same weather as Montréal and Toronto... It's also a pretty nice city, with all the history, la grande-allée, la rue St-Jean, etc...

No offense to Winnipeg, but Québec is a much nicer city...

Capitaine Subban*

Those who would jump ship are opportunistic losers. That's all I've got to say. You're either with Us or against Us. No other way around. You can't be both, it's against everything I've witnessed during the years of The Rivalry. Hated the Merdiques and its pretentious fans, colons d'aréna de junior, and for the life of me still can't figure out why Geoff would approve having competition on his main turf.

Ok, it felt good. I can breathe now.

+1000 :yo:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
PKP owned Sun News channel, you know. He is a businessman first and foremost and always have been.

PKP isn't a businessman. He inherited a business. Not the same. He's been failing quite hard with his recent ventures and always need the government backing him up.

But who cares? That will only make the eventual Nordiques more of a joke. :laugh:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven

How is Québec city even remotely close to be comparable to Winnipeg? I'd understand comparing Québec city with Ottawa, but even that is a long shot.

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
PKP isn't a businessman. He inherited a business. Not the same. He's been failing quite hard with his recent ventures and always need the government backing him up.

But who cares? That will only make the eventual Nordiques more of a joke. :laugh:

Someone here reads the National Post too much.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Quebec city is NOT a sovereignist stronghold. Lookup the last federal and provincial election results.

I dont know why people keep saying that. Probably because they assume french -> sovereignist.

Also, I'm sick of hearing the "They won't go there, it's french' as if it was a crime. It was refreshing to see an international star select Montreal this summer because of having a different culture. I know Quebec is much less "bilingual" than Montreal but it's not impossible to live there and it's not impossible to learn a god damn language.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad