Who from Quebec City would jump ship?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
If the Canadiens ever did anything that made me miserable, or made them hard to support, I'd be fine with walking. Choosing what sports team you follow shouldn't be a lifetime decision. It should be about what makes you happy.

Agreed.

If the Habs ever get back to what they were in the late 90s, early 2000s, I'll definitely walk away and start watching more hockey from other teams.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Part of my family lives in Qc City. Will be very interesting.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
Those who would jump ship are opportunistic losers. That's all I've got to say. You're either with Us or against Us. No other way around. You can't be both, it's against everything I've witnessed during the years of The Rivalry. Hated the Merdiques and its pretentious fans, colons d'aréna de junior, and for the life of me still can't figure out why Geoff would approve having competition on his main turf.

Underrated post.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm a neutral fan since I've started to follow hockey like 10-15 years ago.
I've always had a little something for the Nords because I'm coming from there, even if I've never seen them before.
I'll probably be a casual Nordiques fan, but a hardcore hockey fan, as always.
I've always tried to be the most objective hockey fan possible, and I can't stand fans that are lopsided to their own and only team.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
I became a Canadiens fan when I moved from Ghana to Montreal in '97. So I missed the Nordiques and Canadiens rivalry. However, I think I would instantaneously hate the Nordiques just because of the antics of the Quebecois media.

It's probably unrealistic, but perhaps, this would somehow open the door to the Canadiens feeling the need to pander to Quebecois media.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
If you are a federalist you can't cheer for the Nords.

And to the Habs "fans" who would jump ship I say please do it right away.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

You have a thing or two to learn about the Quebec City market :laugh:

I guess you mean that a federalist shouldn't cheer for the Nordiques because they will be owned by a company whose majority shareholder is a sovereignist leader.

Using that logic, conservative people, sovereignist people and NDP supporters should never buy anything owned by Power Corp. Please leave politics out of it, they are irrelevent to the discussion.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Even though there are probably 20 teams closer to me than the Habs, I'll never cheer for another team. Habs fan for life.

There are bandwagon fans in every franchise (and most post on message boards). I guess they are a necessary evil.

Won't miss any that leave for whatever reason. :)

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

Nordiques aren't a political party, quit your bs.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Using that logic, I shouldnt be a Habs fan because I don't drink Molson/Coors. Or any BMC for that matter.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011

One of the most ridiculous thing I've read all day. Thanks :laugh::handclap:

Using that logic, I shouldnt be a Habs fan because I don't drink Molson/Coors. Or any BMC for that matter.

By looking at your avatar, I'm 100% sure you don't drink Molson/Coors products except when it's given to you :laugh:
How dare you to be a Habs fan! :sarcasm:

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal

Lol QC is actually quite federalist and right wing in the political spectrum.

Proof: Only place in the province where the Conservatives win any seats.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Quebec people don't care about hockey, they just want an excuse to hate on Montreal. It's the only thing that drives them in everything they do

here are some prototype threads that'll appear on their board :

Here's why Montreal suck ‎(1 2 3... Last Page )
Do you hate Montreal as much as I do? ‎(1 2 3... Last Page )
I just had great hot dogs, you can't find those in Montreal ‎(1 2 3... Last Page )
Someone died in China, it's safe to assume the murderer was from Montreal ‎(1 2 3... Last Page )
DD = Montreal ‎(1 2 3... Last Page )
Therrien = Montreal ‎(1 2 3... Last Page )

realtalk11

Oct 7, 2013
Quebec people don't care about hockey, they just want an excuse to hate on Montreal. It's the only thing that drives them in everything they do

here are some prototype threads that'll appear on their board :

Here's why Montreal suck ‎(1 2 3... Last Page )
Do you hate Montreal as much as I do? ‎(1 2 3... Last Page )
I just had great hot dogs, you can't find those in Montreal ‎(1 2 3... Last Page )
Someone died in China, it's safe to assume the murderer was from Montreal ‎(1 2 3... Last Page )
DD = Montreal ‎(1 2 3... Last Page )
Therrien = Montreal ‎(1 2 3... Last Page )

Loled so hard you made me spit my coffee :laugh:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Eric Lindros jumped ship FROM QC.

Seriously, the only good thing about admitting QC ia that it it shortens the Habs' traveling distance for road games.

Last edited:

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
That late?

Yeah, I was trying to be conservative.

In some ways, I think it already started. Or, it never really went away to begin with.

Had a conversation with a friend yesterday about this. I was asking myself if the rivalry would be as intense as it was back in the days.

She reminded me that social medias didn't exist back then. Oh god, she's right...

It's going to be much, much worst. And I can't wait for it to happen ;-)

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
I remember some Nordiques Games with Stéphane Fiset as the goalie and i remember when they try to keep the team with a Husky logo.

As a Habs fan, i have witness no Stanley Cup and some of the worst years in the history of the team with AHLer like Craig Darby.

My main problem with the Habs that is likely to make me thinks i might switch team, is the loser mentality that once you reach the playoff everything can happen. Winning is not a question of luck it's about building a talented team with a high compete level. Unless the team change his mentality and stop being happy to just reach the playoff, i will cheer for the Nordiques.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Same here. It will be great to see the Nordique hire 20 francos players, franco staff and all. And some media will be all over it.

The other thing is, with a team in Quebec, it will channel a lot of that irrational hatred some guys over there have against anything Montreal.

You know, I actually think the Nords will just go out and hire the best people available regardless of language in an effort to be competitive. Then the pressure will be off the Habs and we will be free to do the same.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
You know, I actually think the Nords will just go out and hire the best people available regardless of language in an effort to be competitive. Then the pressure will be off the Habs and we will be free to do the same.

I'm also one of the few that thinks like this.

Eric Lindros jumped ship FROM QC.

Seriously, the only good thing about admitting QC ia that it it shortens the Habs' traveling distance for road games.

He would have done the same with Montreal, his mom didn't want him to play in a francophone place, the Quebec province. IIRC, Montreal is in Quebec.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
You have a thing or two to learn about the Quebec City market :laugh:

I guess you mean that a federalist shouldn't cheer for the Nordiques because they will be owned by a company whose majority shareholder is a sovereignist leader.

Using that logic, conservative people, sovereignist people and NDP supporters should never buy anything owned by Power Corp. Please leave politics out of it, they are irrelevent to the discussion.

Brian Mulroney is involved in Québécor and is leading the discussions with the NHL. Former PM of Canada and obviously a federalist.

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
I'll stay a Hab 'til the day I die. I live about 45 minutes from Québec City. Everyone here is Nordique. I can't stand Québec, I hate everything about that city.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad