Who does Vegas take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'd take Lewis solely because McNabb is a terrible hockey player.

Then flip Lewis at the deadline to somewhere like Nashville that is weak down the middle, but is a contender.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
They just said on Hockey Central that the unveiling of the expansion choices will be done in groups of 8, 8, 8 and 6, so assuming they do it in alphabetical order the Kings will be in the second group, feel free to tune in around 5:30

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think you could easily find 6 defensemen to take ahead of McNabb. Vegas is supposed to load up on D and could have a Fleury-Raanta combo in net. Then you stock pile high draft picks, some guys like James Neal and in a year or 2 you could be ready to roll. If Vegas does go D and goalie heavy you're gonna need responsible bottom 6 forwards.

That's only because this board hates McNabb.

I'd take Lewis solely because McNabb is a terrible hockey player.

Then flip Lewis at the deadline to somewhere like Nashville that is weak down the middle, but is a contender.

Exhibit A.

I think, looking at the unprotected lists, you'd have a hard time finding not only many better defensemen, but better defensemen that wouldn't also cost you that team's better forward.

I think they're going to go for Lewis, but McNabb has excellent metrics and lots of raw ability--we've seen him look like a great #2 as well as a terrible #6. He looked like an absolute beast prior to his injury, too. If a team thinks they can iron out his inconsistencies, he's a great pick, and a cheap player at that, and you wouldn't be missing out on any uber-forwards from the Kings. McNabb would be a great guy to add to that 'stockpile' and potentially flip.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Last minute prayer circle for Vegas to select Gaborik, who's with me?

Seriously though. If Gaborik and our 11th overall is what it would take, I make that move. It comes down to what's more important at the moment, gambling on a prospect in a weak draft, or ridding ourselves of one of our insane contracts(Gabby and Brown), that will handcuff us for the next 4-5 years unless we can deal one of them. Then look at free agency or trade Muzzin or Martinez for young forward.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
It may not start until 5:00, but it seems like we are finding out more by the minute.

VGK has/is in the process of signing Minnesota RFA Erik Haula, will also receive Alex Tuch from MIN, they will take MAF, Clayton Stoner(ANA) and will also receive Shea Theodore from ANA, and Trevor Van Riemsdyk(CHI) they will also receive Marcus Kruger from CHI. I saw something on twitter saying that Cody Eakin is the likely choice from Dallas.

Bob McKenzie just tweeted that James Neal is likely the choice from NSH.

Darren Dreger tweeted that Brendan Leipsic is the choice from TML.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/06/expected-trades-knights.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad