Who does Vegas take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010
McCarron plus 2 2018 2nd rounders to me is a better deal... Mac slides into the 3C spot, shoring that up while the 2 picks could be used to get rid of Gabby.... So its s multi tier scenario that frees about $9 MILLION. In cap space

Have you seen him play? I've seen him a few games and imo , he is no better than shore or dowd, and he isn't very fast. He is big ...that's it.

I honestly don't get the mcCarron hype. I get the 2nds but would rather have a better prospect than picks and a 4th line center (I think that's his ceiling)

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Have you seen him play? I've seen him a few games and imo , he is no better than shore or dowd, and he isn't very fast. He is big ...that's it.

I honestly don't get the mcCarron hype. I get the 2nds but would rather have a better prospect than picks and a 4th line center (I think that's his ceiling)

Mac fills the bottom 6 nicely and is physically imposing ala B.Boyle... The picks once again are key because they theoretically allow you to package them along with Gabby and McNabb to eliminate an additional $4+ million in salary

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Lewis...they will need centers and some vets. Lewis could easily have an "A" on his jersey next year in vegas

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Lewis...they will need centers and some vets. Lewis could easily have an "A" on his jersey next year in vegas

I think Vegas would make Lewis the Captain, Trevor Lewis is well respected around the league.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Lewis wearing the C over someone like Methot? Doubt it.

In terms of marketing the team it'd be a pretty bad decision.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I wouldn't trade for A-Mart at all if I was a GM, his best years are beyond him. You don't pay a third pairing Defender 4 million a season.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
A 35-year old, UFA to be Ron Hainsey was moved for a 2nd rounder.

I would think that Alec Martinez may be able to bring in a bit more if he were to be dealt. Leaving an asset that could haul a decent return exposed would be rather foolish.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
A 35-year old, UFA to be Ron Hainsey was moved for a 2nd rounder.

I would think that Alec Martinez may be able to bring in a bit more if he were to be dealt. Leaving an asset that could haul a decent return exposed would be rather foolish.

Kings were never going to expose Muzzin/A-Mart.

But I wouldn't trade a Top six(type) prospect for A-Mart, I think Muzzin/ A-Mart are staying put.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Martinez finished in the top 30 in points by a defenseman. That's worth something. Can't believe someone suggested leaving that exposed.

He's useless on his offside, that's why he and Muzzin were a minus infinity. There is no rhd for him to pair up with. He would also free up 4m for help elsewhere.

SKingsfan88

Nov 26, 2010
Saskatchewan
What's going on with Greene? Why haven't they bought him out yet? Or have they and I missed it? I wouldn't mind giving something up to have vegas take him if possible. Rather than buying him out

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Greene hasn't played enough games in the last 2 years to be eligible for a vegas pick.

Buyouts can happen until June 30. I think management may be waiting to see if they really need to buy him out - no point if we're not using the cap space. That extra hit in 2018-2019.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Can you read?

Yep, and your still on dope. Exposing Martinez over Lewis. :shakehead

If Lewis is lost, who gives a ****. He's a bottom 6 guy that is overrated because the rest of our bottom 6 is pretty much next to useless. If Martinez was exposed and lost, that would create a noticeable hole in the top 4, but hey, we would clear 4 million of cap space.

Bottom 6 players are a dime a dozen. Top 4 defenders are somewhat harder to come by.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Yep, and your still on dope. Exposing Martinez over Lewis. :shakehead

If Lewis is lost, who gives a ****. He's a bottom 6 guy that is overrated because the rest of our bottom 6 is pretty much next to useless. If Martinez was exposed and lost, that would create a noticeable hole in the top 4, but hey, we would clear 4 million of cap space.

Bottom 6 players are a dime a dozen. Top 4 defenders are somewhat harder to come by.

Still Haven't replaced Jarret Stoll. It's not (Easy).

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Or Voynov or Mitchell or Regehr. Could even include Greene in that group considering how he's barely been in the lineup the last few years.

I would even argue the Kings have not had a better 4th line Center than Fraser.

Shore put up more production, but is not anywhere near as physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad