Status
Not open for further replies.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Think the Kings will trade a D for F, protect 7-3-1 and Vegas takes McNabb

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Vegas taking McNabb would be awesome, he's awful. At this point I don't even care though, it's inevitable, let's just get it done with.

Only downside with Lewis is that he's 30.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Unless something happens soon it's going to be Lewis. I voted 11oa plus Gaborik because he needs to go.

This. Mixed with the fact that it's a weak draft and we could potentially still add a young forward in trade(Drouin maybe) for one of our defenseman.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
This. Mixed with the fact that it's a weak draft and we could potentially still add a young forward in trade(Drouin maybe) for one of our defenseman.

To get Drouin your including that #11 pick....

Blake and the FO know that the only way to add a player is to trade a Dman (Muzzin, Martinez or McNabb)..
Brown and Gaborik are staying put for the simple reason that neither has enough value to lower the price it would take to unload...
Also, what part of we need to restock our prospect pool do you guys not understand???

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
To get Drouin your including that #11 pick....

Blake and the FO know that the only way to add a player is to trade a Dman (Muzzin, Martinez or McNabb)..
Brown and Gaborik are staying put for the simple reason that neither has enough value to lower the price it would take to unload...
Also, what part of we need to restock our prospect pool do you guys not understand???

The part about win now. Restocking the prospect pool will likely do nothing to help that for the next 3 years.

Cue the Kings are done now crowd...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think it will be Lewis. Good veteran leadership for what overall will be a young team up front. Might even be the first Vegas captain.

If you can add Drouin for the #11 overall plus other assets, it should probably happen.

I still don't think Yzerman wants to move him, and if he has to move Drouin, other teams have more to offer.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
I actually think it might be Brown & our 1st in 2018. Pierre McGuire said something to this effect..... a significant player/salary and NEXT YEAR'S first round pick. We'll see......

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Depends on the configuration. Lewis or McNabb. Leaning towards they're going to protect Lewis and lose McNabb. Vegas will bank on his upside; we've seen it.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Depends on the configuration. Lewis or McNabb. Leaning towards they're going to protect Lewis and lose McNabb. Vegas will bank on his upside; we've seen it.

If they protect Lewis you can only protect 3 D. Are you assuming Muzzin or Martinez get traded?

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I think Blake and Luc are ready to put their stamp on this team and dispatch players who should have been dispatched by Lombardi but weren't. I think they are in win now mode with Kopitar, Doughty, Quick, Carter and Tofoli as a solid core and will be willing to get out from under Brown's contract by trading him and the #11 to Vegas. I think the NHL Awards show is a huge waste of time but I'll be watching with the expansion draft (probably held til the end of the show to torture me).

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Even worse torture.

Announce 2 awards then 3 or so picks. 2 awards... 3 picks... Makes you watch everything in order to see the picks in real time.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Lewis is pretty well respected around the league. Vegas may pick him and make him their first captain.

Lewis has a tremendous work ethic that would set the example for a young team, Lewis is also a Cup winner.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
If you trade the 11th pick then we might as well trade Doughty in 18-19 because we'll have zero youth coming up and he won't want to stay anyway. That'll be 3 straight years of no firsts, that's not good when a majority of your team is 27+.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I mean, that's been the nonstop rumor mongering, has it not? Not assuming that's a certainty, just suggesting options based on configuration

I thought it was mostly universally agreed on our sub that it was Kopi-Carter-Toff-Pearson -- Doughty-Muzz-AMart-Forbort -- Quick?

Maybe I'm not up to speed with HF/Kings? 7-3-1 is now a thing?

We better be getting a killer trade for that scenario, as none of our other forwards are worth the expense of losing either of the latter two defenseman (and, needless to say, the first two) to Vegas.

Edit -- I see what you mean, Rocky. Yeah, there's been a bunch of that nonsense around here, but I'd be shocked if we trade before the Expansion Draft. Unless it's just too sweet for Blake to pass up.

Last edited:

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I don't expect a trade from our D either - not before the draft. Any forward we get back would have to be protected and that means going 7-3-1.

Which probably would prompt vegas to take McNabb instead of Lewis. Why? Because taking McNabb would hurt us the most. If a pick doesn't help them that much then they will look to see what hurts us. We are vegas' main geographic/division rivals.
They aren't here to do us any favors. they can improve simply by hurting their rivals.

Taking McNabb in this situation leaves us with 2 vets and Forbort, Gravel, and LaDue. Two second year guys and a rookie. LaDue is still a rookie. Plus we have no one in the 6-7 spots. A strength is now instantly a weakness again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad