Who do you want vs. who do you expect at number 8?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hughes
Dobson/Bouchard (different strengths, but I think they're roughly equal players as packages)
Wahlstrom
Kotkaniemi

That's the order of who I'd like to see, but Hughes is almost certainly going to be gone by #8, and probably Kotkaniemi too.

So any of the 2 lesser D or Wahlstrom would be fine.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
You're picking in the top 10 for the first time in a decade and (hopefully) the last time for another decade, with a pretty stacked top 10. Screw safe, go get yourself who you think the BPA is and take your shot.
I'm not sure theres any difference.

What is not safe ve bpa of any of these guys that will be there? I guess you can interpret that as dont worry about Boqvists concussions.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'm not sure theres any difference.

What is not safe ve bpa of any of these guys that will be there? I guess you can interpret that as dont worry about Boqvists concussions.

I actually made the same point in a different thread with regard to players selected in that spot. My point here was if there is a player anywhere in that range that has any hint or perception of "bust" but the "boom" could be huge, go for it. Boqvist semi-falls into that category according to some, but even that is debatable. What I had said in the other thread was that unless the Hawks go way off the board with some off the radar pick, that any of the consensus players available at 8 are going to be good picks (today) and that none of them are really safe or risky, they all kind of just are what they are in that range.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
As duscussed, the e biggest boom/bust option taken. Not my favorite pick and now the top 3 organizational prospects(barring #27 changing that) are all not big RHD which is interesting.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I clearly had issues with Wahlstrom and so did other teams
The kid has warts outside his shot and thats why he fell to 11OA
I hope he proves me wrong, but this is a big indicator as to why I didnt want Chicago to draft him, especially when some drafts had him top 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad