Who do you want vs. who do you expect at number 8?

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
Boqvist and Wahlstrom in that order. Hughes is going to be a light version of Torey Krug; I hope Hughes is who the scout is talking about in the first "On the Clock" video, "I hope we don't take this guy at 8!"

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Boqvist and Wahlstrom in that order. Hughes is going to be a light version of Torey Krug; I hope Hughes is who the scout is talking about in the first "On the Clock" video, "I hope we don't take this guy at 8!"

Torey Krug is a bad thing?

If our 8th overall pick turns out to be as good as Torey Krug that is a win for Hawks future

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
A better skating Krug, who is a great skater himself.....is a top pairing guy.

The guy put up Norris worthy offensive production last year, and people think they could do better then that at 8?

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
A better skating Krug, who is a great skater himself.....is a top pairing guy.

The guy put up Norris worthy offensive production last year, and people think they could do better then that at 8?
This. Krug put up 60 points this season and Hughes is more talented than he is so the upside is even greater.

Reactions: Drumman44

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
As for the draft, I am getting the feeling the Hawks are gonna trade out the pick for an established player...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Let's also keep in mind that while Krug is a good comparison, Hughes is a far more talented prospect than Krug ever was.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Hughes prefomed in a stronger big 10 as a 17-18 year old freshman what Krug did at 21ish. So there's a range of prospect hype. I'm sure now though Krug sould of been a mid or 2nd round guy his draft years

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The Bulls pretty much picked the Bouchard of the NBA draft ... the safe pick (according to you guys). I bet the Hawks do the same ... pick the safe player.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Order of preference:

Dobson
Bouchard
Kotkaniemi
Wahlstrom

Dobson gets the edge over Bouchard in my opinion due to skating and a little better overall game.

If the Hawks go D with the 8 pick I would like to see Dellandrea picked at 27.

If the Hawks go with a forward at 8 I would like to see them take a D at 27 (MacIssac, Samuelsson).

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I just dont want Kotkaniemi. I have very bad feeling about him, saw him some in FEL. I don’t see him as center and I have had good laughs when he is being compared to young Kopitar. No no no.

I mean you never know but for me Kotkaniemi is the biggest reach in top-10.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It seems Tkachuk is the safe pick after the big 3, not Bouchard. The more mocks that come out the more it seems Det and Van will pick D, most have Hughes/Bouchard for Det and Bouchard/Dobson for Vancouver. Luckily. Hawks need a forward to fall (please Tkachuk or Wahlstrom) or Quinn Hughes. Maybe there will be a 2012 draft moment and a run on D causes Zadina to fall ala Filip Forsberg.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad