Who do you want vs. who do you expect at number 8?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I hope Hawks trade down if only Bouchard remains. Try to get the Isles picks and take the two Russians.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I expect and hope one of Hughes or Wahlstrom is there at #8. I'd also not hate Boqvist, Kotkaniemi, or Tkachuk.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Want Hughes and have no issue trading up to get him, expect Wahlstrom, which is A-OK with me

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Wahlstrom is definitely my #1.

After that, Hughes or Boqvist (either can flip flop in my book although I prefer Hughes because of our lack of LHD, although Boqvist is bae).

Tkachuk rounds it out for me.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I tend to agree that if Bouchard or Hughes are left, I would investigate moving down-----maybe trade for Philly's picks with our picks and have Philly add some premium to enter the Top 10. Wahlstrom Dobson or Boqvist on the wishlist. If we drop further down, Samuelsson and McIsaac----just not sure how early.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Wall-E at 8th overall would seem like robbery. I don't understand why him and Zadina seem to be dropping here, both top end goal scorers who have some things to work on, but seems like a bit of flavor of the month happening with Dobson (who I like, but seems to be getting a Memorial Cup push) and Kotkaniemi who I will say again, teams are really really reaching here. Center is a thin position this kid is being looked at better than he really is, he isn't top 10 for me, HockeyProspects agrees as well...I think whoever takes him top 5 will regret it just like Elias Lindholm going #5 who rode a strong u18 in 2013...you reach, you lose in the top 10.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
I wish the guy who will be picked by the Hawks is ready to play in the NHL. I hope Hughes or Wahlstrom are ready.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Who do I want? Someone who's not another Barker or Beach.

Who do I expect? Someone who comes in this season and makes an impact and is not a total liability.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Based on who has a chance (even slight) at being left, I'm hoping for Hughes, Wahlstrom, or Dobson. I just don't feel like Hughes makes it past Detroit but 3-8 is a complete guess at this point for everybody so who knows how it will play out.

I suspect there's a really strong chance Dobson is still there with the other two gone and if so, I would be plenty fine with that selection.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00