• Lias Andersson

• Filip Chytil

• Pavel Buchnevich

Results are only viewable after voting.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Not really feeling it from that last list.

I think there's a tendency to want to promote your best player to the captaincy, but I see a bunch of guys who (on the surface) strike me more as the types who would support the captain.

Reactions: fredrikstad

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I'd just make DeAngelo coach and captain.

For real, probably just go with A's for a while.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I'm pretty sure no captain will be named until next season.

But I don't see Zibanejad as captain, he's just like McDonagh, way too soft. They won't do that mistake again.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's Kreider and Zibanejad's team. I think that's pretty clear. I don't see anyone emerging that's going to take the room away from them if they're still here. The only way anybody gets the captaincy but one of those two is if the rebuild really goes awry and we end up getting rid of them.

For me, Kreider just gives me A vibes. He strikes me as a great leader, but I think he's struggled with confidence in the past and putting the C on him is going to give him something to live up to and he'll change his game or try too hard to be some offensive superstar. I don't wanna pile all of that onto him.

I think Zibanejad would handle it. I think he's comfortable in his skin and would just be himself. I like that he's quiet. I call that even-keel, that's what we need.

The problem with McDonagh wasn't that he was too soft. The problem is that he changed his approach and added too much risk to his game trying to live up to the captaincy.

You either need a guy who's a natural born in-your-face guy who doesn't need to change, letter or no letter (like Messier) or you need a guy who just goes to work and doesn't let it affect him (like Eli Manning or Derek Jeter). Zibanejad, to me, screams the latter. I think Kreider is in that dreaded middle ground.

All just speculation on my part.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
Who do i WANT as the next captain? Kreider.

Who do i think WILL be the next captain? Most likely Staal simply due to being the longest tenured Ranger.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I love Mika but I don’t think we should burden him with the C. Hank is really the captain of this team anyway. I don’t see a reason to name anyone. I don’t think the Captain is even on this roster yet.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Zucc is the most appealing to me, but he'll be gone in 2 weeks. Before the demotion/sulking jag, I would have said Lias, but he doesn't seem to be taking the demotion very well.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Karlsson :laugh:;
Absolutely NOBODY from the outside. Regardless of stature. Imo, the importance of a player comes from within and holds more weight. Then again, thats my opinion. Unless its like a Messier. (Yeah, i beat u to it!)

Anyway, this is a 2 player race. It literally can only be Kreids and Zbad. I voted for Krieds and have been saying that for 4 years now. (Yeah, before McD's annointing)

Wouldn't be against Zbad, but seems to me like Kreids would be more of a "presence" with his extrovert personality, and his seniority with the team.....which shoukl account for something.

Skjei and Shattenkirk is a joke of an option, and the others are way too young and are too busy even getting their feet wet.....let alone be any type of leader. Production as a player on the ice is essential......ergo, Kreids and Zbad.

Zuccha will be gone, as will Hayes.....so thats a moot vote, imo.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Hughes...

But really you should add an "other" option.
I respect your posts immensely, but you simply cannot be serious. Are you? I wouldnt give a rats ass if we drafted Hughes (by some miracle), waited his 1st full year in the NHL, (after scoring 40-40-80) I still wouldnt want him as our Captain. Seniority, age and respect within the room, goes much further than being a #1 and with all the hype. A big NO!
How would Kreids, Zbad and maybe even Zuccha feel abput that? A big fat NO!

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I respect your posts immensely, but you simply cannot be serious. Are you? I wouldnt give a rats ass if we drafted Hughes (by some miracle), waited his 1st full year in the NHL, (after scoring 40-40-80) I still wouldnt want him as our Captain. Seniority, age and respect within the room, goes much further than being a #1 and with all the hype. A big NO!
How would Kreids, Zbad and maybe even Zuccha feel abput that? A big fat NO!

Wasn't serious.

I don't think we'll see a captain for a while until someone grows into it. Of the guys here, I picked Zibanejad.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
We all know who will be the next captain...if he stays, or returns after a playoff stint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad