• Lias Andersson

• Filip Chytil

• Pavel Buchnevich

Results are only viewable after voting.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Well if the Rangers bring McQuaid back...if he gets traded , I think he would be a perfect captain for a transitioning club for at least one more season until one of our kids has matured or shown enough that they have earned the respect of fellow bench mates . In the 40 games he will miss because of injury I sew the C on Staal . Nobody gets pounded more game in and out than those two and I have to think both are appreciated by the rest of the club for their work efforts .

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Honestly I've been saying that Brady Skjei would be the next Rangers captain. I wish he would take a big step, instead of stalling. Doesnt look like he is it currently.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Quaider? f***ing 40 games with the team? An "ok" defenseman? Come on ... Skjei? Rather unproven kid for capitancy of the NYR?!

A transitional captian? What is this even? You don't just declare a captain for a season or two and then strip him of the captaincy or give it someone else.

It is a position of identification for the team, the fans, the entire franchise. This is important and to be chosen wisely and you want to give it Quaider or Skjei?!

There are only 5 suitable players really: Kreider (homegrown beast), Zibby (MVP), Zucc (homegrown legend), Staal (homegrown weed), Hank (the true captain).

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
This is an interesting thread as one of the "lurking in the background" criticisms of this team over the past 5 or so years is that when push came to shove there appeared to be a lack of leadership and that the locker-room was a bit too buddy/buddy.

We now have lots of people floating the names of players who were part of those teams and had the chance to show these leadership qualities that you'd want from a captain, yet all failed to do so in one way or another previously.

It's certainly possible that you continue to develop and gain leadership traits as you grow, but have we really seen anything from the current playing group that screams 'leader'? Even this season, when there was a great chance for some of the more senior players to step up, it really doesn't look like that happened too much (noting we don't get access to the locker room).

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Its
I've had a short day dream of Kravtsov stepping in and legit taking the captaincy immediately.
A nice dream, but its just unfathomable. Do you honestly believe they would give NY Rangers captaincy to someone like Kravtsov or even K'Andre for that matter? Yeah, why dont we give them the electric chair on top of whatever pressures that come with playing for them, even to begin with. Lmao.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
The only young personality types in our system that I could see as potential captains are Andersson and Kravtsov.

My pick is Kreider if he stays.

If he leaves, I’d go with Mika.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I hate the concept of playing without a captain, it’s like a ship without a captain and there’s no direction. You play to win regardless of muh tank, and when you have a young team like this having a leader and someone to look up to is as vital as ever.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Its

A nice dream, but its just unfathomable. Do you honestly believe they would give NY Rangers captaincy to someone like Kravtsov or even K'Andre for that matter? Yeah, why dont we give them the electric chair on top of whatever pressures that come with playing for them, even to begin with. Lmao.

Well, it was part of the dream that Kravtsov doesn't feel any pressure and oozes confidence, so much as to just naturally take that shit over.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Mats Zuccarello, but only if he is resigned with multiple years, and protected in the Seattle expansion draft. Can´t see any meaning in naming him Caption otherwise. He is bound for Seattle if he stays unprotected in that draft.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
It's odd that people say they don't see a leader here. On what basis? How do we know what goes on inside the locker room, on the road or at practice?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad