• Kevin Shattenkirk

• Lias Andersson

• Filip Chytil

• Pavel Buchnevich

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I'd be fine with Mika or Kreider. Probably Mika at this point. I think the captaincy is so overblown. McD didn't regress because of the captaincy, he regressed because of wear and tear to go with an awful system and partner.

Hank has always been the de facto captain anyway.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I would be fine with Zibanejad and I really like him; would really be proud of him.

But at the same time Zibanejad isn't like a shoo-in, automatic choice, and I understand wanting to wait for that.

Like, Aaron Judge is the captain of the Yankees. He hasn't been named, but that's a formality. He just is. Same for Horvat with the Canucks. That's what people want.

However, at the same time, we criticize McDonagh's captaincy, but at the time, he was as clear as anyone. 100% of Rangers fans would have said in Summer 2014 that it was his team.

So who knows? There's multiple angles to it and it's a hard thing to determine, and you never really know if the guy is right until he gets it.
Myself...I would have chosen Girardi all day long over McDonagh . I always hated that decision of McDonagh being captain. .

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad