• Mats Zuccarello

• Kevin Shattenkirk

• Lias Andersson

• Filip Chytil

• Pavel Buchnevich

Results are only viewable after voting.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
BRING BACK CALLY TO SHOW THE KIDS HOW TO BE A PROFESSIONAL!!!!
If Tampa wants to give us a nice little over payment for taking him off their hands i would 1000% do that. Would also be okay giving him the C back and even signing him to an extension if he goes cheap enough. Let him retire in NY. Buy some time till the next clear cut caption presents themself. He might not be able to play at a high level but when he could he was captain for a reason. He can also help sure up some two way play. The only negative i see to bring him back is what Tampa will pay to get rid of that cap hit.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Tampa wants to give us a nice little over payment for taking him off their hands i would 1000% do that. Would also be okay giving him the C back and even signing him to an extension if he goes cheap enough. Let him retire in NY. Buy some time till the next clear cut caption presents themself. He might not be able to play at a high level but when he could he was captain for a reason. He can also help sure up some two way play. The only negative i see to bring him back is what Tampa will pay to get rid of that cap hit.

He is actually having a pretty good season given the ice time and role he gets, similar to Boyle but Boyle gets PP time he doesn't. Just overpaid for his role of course. If we are getting an insurance asset back would do it. People make it sound like he can't play anymore, I mean running his Points/60 think he'd easily upgrade our current Bottom 6 and then some. Not sure about giving him the "C" back. Definitely an "A" though.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Care to explain? You love him is a lie and you really don't want him? Or do you think he's not qualified?
wtf is this supposed to mean? i know your obsessed with zucc but even if we were to resign him he would not be here longer then 2 years, thats not someone you name a captain

i want someone that is growing with this team and that will be here for the next 5-8 years hence why id wait two seasons then name lias the captain, chytil in an interview last year stated how much of a leader he is

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Brooks said there's a big chance he's here next season as the captain...
Captain of what? Isn't the Garden going to be burned down the second the news hits of his trade?

And Brooks speculated that the Rangers MIGHT think a scenario where it makes sense for them to sign hims July 1. That does not tell you anything nor does it discuss anyone's captaincy.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Captain of what? Isn't the Garden going to be burned down the second the news hits of his trade?

And Brooks speculated that the Rangers MIGHT think a scenario where it makes sense for them to sign hims July 1. That does not tell you anything nor does it discuss anyone's captaincy.

You need to read his articles, because this is just nonsense.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Even if Cally comes back, I would not give him the captaincy.

I prefer they just continue without one for now, until the team is more fleshed out. There's not need to anoint anyone right now, especially because we all know Hank is the de facto captain anyway.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Sure, but to "show the kids how to be a professional" isn't really a reason to bring him back
How isn't it? Your brining 18 year old kids into the biggest city in the country putting them on tv in front of multiple countries putting microphones in front of their face after emotional wins and losses and just expect them to know how to navigate the world around them? You kidding? Every single player young and old always talks about a vet on the team they got traded to or sign to that helped them survive. Rick Nash was a captain of a team and talked about how if it wasnt for Brad Richards he would have never survived his first season in NY. EVERY SINGLE PLAYERS TRIBUNE EVERY WRITTEN from an NHLer talks about which vet and staff member helped them learn the ropes. Like it or not life bleeds into on ice play. Sometimes in a good way (D Kieth going insane in a cup run because his wife was divorcing him and trying to ruin his life so he took all that stress out on the ice) and sometimes in a bad way (P Laine staying up late playing video games and not being able to skate in the morning). Cally even at his reduced skill level has never taken a shift off or given up on a game. Thats something important to teach and instill in young players. He has also never once gotten in trouble off the ice or with an organization. That too is something that needs to be tought to players or you end up like P Kane getting women drunk and trying to f*** them and getting EA NHL video game covers taken away. Or The end up like P Kane assualting a cab driver. Or they end up like B Marchand and picking fights in clubs. Or E Kane going gambling and throwing money at people. Or the countless skaters that have been busted with drugs. When i was 18 I got a sales job making 90k a year and made tons of mistakes and lived life a little too crazy. An 18 year old being on TV and making 925k plus bonus is at a far greater risk then i was.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
How isn't it? Your brining 18 year old kids into the biggest city in the country putting them on tv in front of multiple countries putting microphones in front of their face after emotional wins and losses and just expect them to know how to navigate the world around them? You kidding? Every single player young and old always talks about a vet on the team they got traded to or sign to that helped them survive. Rick Nash was a captain of a team and talked about how if it wasnt for Brad Richards he would have never survived his first season in NY. EVERY SINGLE PLAYERS TRIBUNE EVERY WRITTEN from an NHLer talks about which vet and staff member helped them learn the ropes. Like it or not life bleeds into on ice play. Sometimes in a good way (D Kieth going insane in a cup run because his wife was divorcing him and trying to ruin his life so he took all that stress out on the ice) and sometimes in a bad way (P Laine staying up late playing video games and not being able to skate in the morning). Cally even at his reduced skill level has never taken a shift off or given up on a game. Thats something important to teach and instill in young players. He has also never once gotten in trouble off the ice or with an organization. That too is something that needs to be tought to players or you end up like P Kane getting women drunk and trying to **** them and getting EA NHL video game covers taken away. Or The end up like P Kane assualting a cab driver. Or they end up like B Marchand and picking fights in clubs. Or E Kane going gambling and throwing money at people. Or the countless skaters that have been busted with drugs. When i was 18 I got a sales job making 90k a year and made tons of mistakes and lived life a little too crazy. An 18 year old being on TV and making 925k plus bonus is at a far greater risk then i was.
id take both kanes or marchand on my team in a heartbeat, also those players were brought up around amazing vets and captains, what you said was complete crap

also i agree with @Amazing Kreiderman that i want no part of cally hes a shell of his former self and we can sign vets who can actually play, they also dont need to wear a C on their jersey to be a leader and to help the younger players

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Guys like Cally are a dime a dozen. You can find literally 100 of them on the FA scrap heap before the season starts. I think it's so ridiculous to say 'we need guy X to show him how to be a professional.' There is always guy X on the team.

We almost certainly will have some of the following guys on the roster next year: Shattenkirk, Lundqvist, Staal, Z-Bad, Kreider, Zucc, Fast etc..

Are you really telling me that adding a guy like Cally to that group is necessary to show younger players how to be a professional? Please.

The only way I would be interested in Cally is if we get rewarded for taking his shitty contract. And even then, he shouldn't be given a C or an A. The only thing that will show is that greed is rewarded and loyalty is ignored when it comes to this franchise. Great message.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I would be fine with Zibanejad and I really like him; would really be proud of him.

But at the same time Zibanejad isn't like a shoo-in, automatic choice, and I understand wanting to wait for that.

Like, Aaron Judge is the captain of the Yankees. He hasn't been named, but that's a formality. He just is. Same for Horvat with the Canucks. That's what people want.

However, at the same time, we criticize McDonagh's captaincy, but at the time, he was as clear as anyone. 100% of Rangers fans would have said in Summer 2014 that it was his team.

So who knows? There's multiple angles to it and it's a hard thing to determine, and you never really know if the guy is right until he gets it.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m with @Machinehead here - I would at least wait until TDL is over and see what kind of team we end up with after we done drafting this summer. If we draft Jack Hughes maybe he is captain material?

Reactions: Machinehead

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Good choice.

If you want a passionate "in your face" captain, a great team guy and a mentor, then no other player on this team is anywhere near him.
I know you claim to be he's buddy, but aint doing him much of a favor. I am starting to understand how anoing we Norwegian must have been ,spamming every thread back in 2010-14

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->