Who do you think are the most underrated prospects ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
There's my list in no particular order:
- Anthony Stewart
- Loui Eriksson
- Andrej Meszaros
- Milan Michalek
- Richard Stehlik
- Kyle Chipchura
- Jeff Carter
- Dustin Brown
- Blake Wheeler
- Josh Hennessy

Vic Rattlehead*

GuiG said:
There's my list in no particular order:
- Anthony Stewart
- Loui Eriksson
- Andrej Meszaros
- Milan Michalek
- Richard Stehlik
- Kyle Chipchura
- Jeff Carter
- Dustin Brown
- Blake Wheeler
- Josh Hennessy
I think many people are aware of what Anthony Stewart can do. As for the rest of the list, I agree.

For Boston: Marjamaki

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Jason Pominville
Clarke MacArthur
Tim Ramholt
Kevin Klein
Konstatin Zakharov

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The Wild have two, maybe three or four really underrated prospects in this league...

Patrick O'Sullivan and Josh Harding never really get mentioned.

Hell in that thread about All-Division Prospect Team or whatever Deslauriers was picked as the starting goaltender over Harding...

Maybe you guys are seeing something the coaches aren't but wasn't Harding picked for the WJC?

Ward and Harding are rarely talked about in the same breath as guys like LeVeneau, Dubnyk, Emery, Bryzglanov (I butchered that name), Lundqvist...solid goaltenders and yes maybe a year or two ahead but still, I think Ward and Harding are in the same class as they are.

As for O'Sullivan, what is different about him then Schremp?

People don't even think he'll make it in the NHL even? WTF??? I mean come on that is insulting! Are you even watching the game?

And then we got Bolduc in the 8th round I believe and he broke out last year. And this year we picked up Sprunger and Voloshenko...Whatever happened to the hype on Voloshenko?

Sorry...

As for underrated prospects, I look at the Sharks, some of the Stars...

I like Tobias Stephens, I think he can bounce back. I love a lot of the Shark prospects. Boston has a good set too.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
DoobieDoobieDo said:
The Wild have two, maybe three or four really underrated prospects in this league...

Or if not underrated, they are already assumed busts by many, esp. Koivu, and to a fair degree Burns and Bouchard. Time will tell.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Exactly...because they all believe they know what is best and dont' realize teams have many, many coaches and staff members that understand more about hockey then we do.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Patrick O'Sullivan
I am a big Patrick O'Sullivan fan, if anyone else caught the CBC Newsworld Documentry on the kid you will understand why. His dad is a complete nut and is obsessed with Patrick doing well, and that is the reason he fell in a deep 2003 draft. He has the tools to be a star.

Tim Ramholt is a guy as well, Dion Phaneuf gets all the press but he went in the 2nd round of a deep draft. He has all the tools to be a nasty twoway top 3 blueliner.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
no one talks about Patrick O'sullivan?
are you kidding me
he and robbie shremp are the 2 most talked about prospects on these boards with the exeption of ovechkin and sid the kid

i think zakharov is an intresting choice because no one ever talks about him on these boards but the Bluse fans overate him.

he is defently underated by cashual fans

i like him but rating him an 8 to high

i think a 7 is good

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
sharkyz15 said:
i like him but rating him an 8 to high

i think a 7 is good
All Blues prospects are like that, I just deduct .5-1.0 from them to gauge them against others. They'd be better rated under the new system.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Brandon Bochenski from the Sens doesn't get a lot of press because he was such a late pick. But part of that had to do with some trouble he got in before heading to North Dakota. He's lead the team in scoring the last two seasons ahead of Parise (Zach played a few less games).

He's not in Parise' class as far as a prospect, but he's probably only a tier below. He's got great offensive skills, has good size and decent speed. Seems to have a solid chance at becoming a 2nd line scoring winger. Some feel he's as good a prospect as P.Eaves, but not many people seem to know of him, outside of Ottawa's core prospect watchers.

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
Tomas Plekanec for shure on the Habs depth charts is a kid who's underrated...

As for a general list around, Pouliot on Edmonton's list (he's gotta get out from underneath Crosby though) is underrated... Receiving little to no spotlight because wunderkid is there. Eric Reitz in Minnesota's system as well... I dunno if a whole lot will agree, but BJ Crombeen doesn't get mentioned a whole lot, I think he's pretty decent...

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Most of the comments coming out about O'Sullivan I've seen are negative. Hell most of the people love bashing the Wild prospects (see the Burns thread) or just neglected them, kind of like the Sharks. While we aren't near the Sharks or even the Predators list of prospects, we have a solid group.

I think a lot of defensemen coming out of 2003 are going to be underrated.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Ghost # 1 said:
Tomas Plekanec for shure on the Habs depth charts is a kid who's underrated...

As for a general list around, Pouliot on Edmonton's list (he's gotta get out from underneath Crosby though) is underrated... Receiving little to no spotlight because wunderkid is there. Eric Reitz in Minnesota's system as well... I dunno if a whole lot will agree, but BJ Crombeen doesn't get mentioned a whole lot, I think he's pretty decent...

What ya know about Reitzy?

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
DoobieDoobieDo said:
What ya know about Reitzy?

I know that he's a great kid, a tremendous leader, and had one of the hardest shots that ever came through Barrie ;) (94 MPH + at 19 yrs old)... I think all he really needs is to gain the required NHL speed (he wasn't that far off) because he certainly was tough... Wild fans will love this kid when he gets there that's for sure.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
From my understandment and watching Reitz, he needs to also mature quiet quickly because he's falling a bit behind on the depth chart.

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
DoobieDoobieDo said:
From my understandment and watching Reitz, he needs to also mature quiet quickly because he's falling a bit behind on the depth chart.

Well, He made a fan outta me ;)

IMO it'll happen soon enough, I.E. it took him a year and a half to really start making an impact on the Colts... But when he arrived, man o man... He really made a huge impact. He outperformed Spezza (I know Spezza's a forward, but I mean in impact on a game) in the Belleville/Barrie series, routinely... Continue to keep an eye on Reitz, he'll make the jump in play soon IMHO.

CH Wizard

Ok I want now to change the topic.Thx guys now I know in generally who are the most Underrated.I forgot to ask you guys who are the most overrated.

Part 2 of the Thread

Who are the most overrated prospects ? It's useless starting another thread for that.

Thx in advance guys.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
thegreatone said:
Ok I want now to change the topic.Thx guys now I know in generally who are the most Underrated.I forgot to ask you guys who are the most overrated.

Part 2 of the Thread

Who are the most overrated prospects ? It's useless starting another thread for that.

Thx in advance guys.

Braydon Coburn, Carlo Colaiacovo, Thomas Vanek, Joffrey Lupul

(note: i'm intentionally leaving off any Habs prospects that I think are overrated, since that whole community is angry enough with me, as it is ;) )

CH Wizard

nomorekids said:
Braydon Coburn, Carlo Colaiacovo, Thomas Vanek, Joffrey Lupul

(note: i'm intentionally leaving off any Habs prospects that I think are overrated, since that whole community is angry enough with me, as it is ;) )

Thx nomorekids.Don't be afraid they won't do nothing to you.They will just eat you.Btw I know that you wanted to put Kostitsyn on the list :D ;) .Many habs fan will instantly jump on you.I don't care (if you will put it on the list) some don't care anyways We can do nothing about that.

Ah I forgot to mention who are the most overrated for me.Colaiacove and Grigorenko,Jessiman are overrated IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad