Who do you think are the most underrated prospects ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
Dion Phaneuf is overrated IMO. He's good d-man but I think he is a little bit overrated. I agree on Colaiacovo but I disagree with Vanek and Coburn.

I'm am a hab fan and I think Kostitsyn is a little bit overrated too. Again I'm not saying that he sucks but sometimes hab fan overrates him. I don't think he will be a superstar but I think he will put decent numbers (65-75 points)

Last edited:

dumpnchase

Apr 24, 2004
California
thegreatone said:
Ok I want now to change the topic.Thx guys now I know in generally who are the most Underrated.I forgot to ask you guys who are the most overrated.

Part 2 of the Thread

Who are the most overrated prospects ? It's useless starting another thread for that.

Thx in advance guys.

Phaneuf & Parise are the two most overrated prospects too many people consider them to be Hall of Fame level, but the truth is as it stands today they both are very good prospects and hopeful stars they aren't all perfect.

NewHabsEra*

dumpnchase said:
If I could pick only one underrated prospect it would be,

Josh Hennessy
Hennessey without any doubts... He doesnt crack a top 100 prospect list for sure!

Coliaicovo is overrated too...

Schremp is overrated on many posters' list...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Colaiacove and Grigorenko,Jessiman are overrated IMO

seems to me most people outside the rangers org. don't like jessiman anyways so i'm not sure if he's really overrated...at least in public opinion.

but i can say it's easy to see why people might think he's not as good as others might think. he's a project, he didn't improve in his post-draft year, plays for dartmouth...he's definatly NOT a sexy prospect...but i think you gotta wait a little bit to get a better idea of how he's gonna turn out. he should be in a lot better shape and has really worked on his skating and conditioning this summer, so let's see how he does next year...he's not gonna make an impact now but he could be a guy who puts it together a little further down the road and shocks some people.

i gotta agree with parise being overrated...mainly cuz he's a devils prospect and that makes all the "professionals" kiss his ass endlessly. i think he has a good shot to be a good NHL player, but he's not the most fantastic prospect out there.

other prospects...i can't help but feel ovechkin might be being overrated, but i guess we'll see...#1 picks get hyped up such an ungodly amount i'm kinda surprised any of them live up to the hype.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
theBob said:
Im startng to worry about the uni-browed wonder Vorobiev, he lacks a lot of heart and his scoring hasnt been too noticeable in the AHL :banghead:

He was coming off botched knee surgery and didnt have any jump last year. Hopefully he looks better in camp this year after a summer off to recover. If he doesnt then the knee injury may have ruined his career.

In prospects camp the first year after we drafted him he dominated. He was not the same player last year.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Moskau said:
All Blues prospects are like that, I just deduct .5-1.0 from them to gauge them against others. They'd be better rated under the new system.

So Blues prospects are overrated by Blues fans? You have a lot to learn about Blues fans, seriously.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
SneakerPimp82 said:
So Blues prospects are overrated by Blues fans? You have a lot to learn about Blues fans, seriously.
What the hell are you talking about?

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Moskau said:
What the hell are you talking about?

The contention that you and sharky put forth stating that Blues prospects are overrated by Blues fans, therefore making it necessary to deduct .5 to 1 point from their ratings on the Blues page.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Behn Wilson said:
He was coming off botched knee surgery and didnt have any jump last year. Hopefully he looks better in camp this year after a summer off to recover. If he doesnt then the knee injury may have ruined his career.

In prospects camp the first year after we drafted him he dominated. He was not the same player last year.

I know 03/04 was disapointing for him and he didn't tear up the AHL but it was his first full NA season playing pro hockey. The Hawks had lots of injuries to start last season but he was getiing some PP time before he was sent down. The Hawks coaching staff must have liked something about this potential in training camp.

Whenever the next NHL season is, he should have no problem making the team and playing his 1st full NHL season.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
SneakerPimp82 said:
The contention that you and sharky put forth stating that Blues prospects are overrated by Blues fans, therefore making it necessary to deduct .5 to 1 point from their ratings on the Blues page.
Learn how to read.

Sharky said the fans overrated them, I said that they are rated too high on the Hockeys Future ratings (with the current system they are ranked under, i.e. no letter grade).

Take for example Alexei Shkotov, he's rated an 8. He didn't even make the top 50 when guys rated lower than an 8 did. This leads me to believe that the 29 or so other editors felt that the St Louis editor rated him too liberally.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
8 means a 1st liner right? Maybe he's a boom or bust type of prospect and the rest of the editors think he won't develop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad