Who Do You (Realistically) Want to be the Next Head Coach of the New York Rangers?

Who Do You (Realistically) Want to be the Next Head Coach of the New York Rangers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I want a new coach

One who will put a little more thought into the lines beyond vets play here, youth plays there.

One who sees the benefit of having multiple zone exit and entry methods.

One who is not too man to man

One that won't make me nervous, wondering what to do.

Totally did not hear Huey Lewis while typing that.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Yeah, Brind’amour is the dream scenario.
The word is that a deal for Rod is done, the sticking point is getting his staff all retained and paid. I seriously doubt that won't get done. He's not going anywhere. He loves Carolina.

I don't know who I want, I just know who I don't want (Babcock, Torts 2.0, Roy).

I believe it will be Rick Tochett.

Reactions: The Sweetness

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
3 pages in and nobody has suggested Mike Keenan yet??!!! Lol

I'm disappointed in you guys!!!hahajk

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
Edge mentioned Karl Taylor of the Milwaukee Admirals as a dark horse and I like what I’m reading based on how some Predators prospects have developed. I wouldn’t mind him as a option if he can woo Dolan in the interview.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Gallant would be my first choice. Torts, Babcock, Messier tie for absolute dead effin last.

Reactions: SML2

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Why don't we make Allaire the head coach, but give him good assistants who run the offense and defense? He can be like the automatic QB you had in street football because he was the only kid who could really throw.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gallant.

I think my runner up is Torts though. He is really far removed from his last tenure here and I don’t know that he would coach in the same way. Hard to say though.

I think I would wait to see if any of the playoff teams cut bait before hiring anyone.

coaches I wouldn’t touch are Babcock, Boudreau, Julian, Messier or Montgomery

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Gallant seems like the best choice. Boudreau would elicit, "Eh, I can live with that," from me. Really liked what I saw from Knoblauch, but another first time NHL coach doesn't seem like the plan.

Babcock is such a wildcard to me. I understand why he's despised, I totally get it. But he was thought of as the best coach in hockey for a long time, you have to at least consider that, right? Although maybe Toronto really did bust that myth and it was never true.

Torts, would honestly be close to a last straw for me with this organization. I can't deal with Torts as coach again. I just can't do it. Absolute garbage human being, and not a good enough coach to put up with all the other stuff. Genuinely don't see what anyone sees him. To each their own, I guess, I'm just thoroughly baffled why anyone would want him to coach their favorite hockey team once, let alone twice.

Roy would be the absolute worst pick on the list if Torts wasn't on it.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
The word is that a deal for Rod is done, the sticking point is getting his staff all retained and paid. I seriously doubt that won't get done. He's not going anywhere. He loves Carolina.

I don't know who I want, I just know who I don't want (Babcock, Torts 2.0, Roy).

I believe it will be Rick Tochett.
Thanks for the info about Brind’amour. You have to think he will stay. In addition to living there for 20 years he has an ideal scenario with a young team who can win now and also job security.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad