Who Do You (Realistically) Want to be the Next Head Coach of the New York Rangers?

Who Do You (Realistically) Want to be the Next Head Coach of the New York Rangers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
It doesn't matter. Whoever Drury decides on is fine. This isn't like wanting to sign a player. The organization has way way more information about any coaching candidates than fans do just from watching their teams play. These guys are all replaceable which is why they get hired/fired all the time.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Gallant has some red flags to be fired from Vegas for seemingly no reason and replaced with their rivals head coach, as well as the whole Florida-Uber situation. And the fact he still hasn’t got another job. This is a pretty ugly list regardless

I wouldn’t mind Bruce Bourdeau for like 2 years and see if a better coaching option is available then. He’s great at coaching offense and he’s good at getting his teams to make the playoffs.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Wait until the playoffs are over and see if a good coach from an underperforming team shakes loose.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
You're touting his credentials. I'm giving you an example of another guy who had the same credentials.

Does career losing record have anything to do with anything.

I'd consider Tocchet for a 4th line wing before a HC.

i’m not touting shiat. You questioned why he’s even a consideration? Hello, nobody succeeds in AZ. I’m sure you would question a Rod Brind’Amour too. Doubt you even know who Tocchet is,

Last edited:

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
My top 3 in order would be Gallant, Boudreau, and Torts. None of the other options are all that intriguing and I doubt Knoblauch is on the list for the FO.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I keep coming up with Patrick Roy.
Drury teammate
French hero that understands what our young 1OA is going through.
Goalie that can vibe with Shesterkin.
Isn't going to stand there with his mouth open like he has a head injury when he disagrees with a call.
I doubt he tolerates team coming out unprepared or showing no emotion.
Has been coaching young players in the Q, instead of standing around waiting for shit to be handed to him like Messier.

Reactions: Vegas Ranger

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
UR5o8TK.jpg

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
I keep coming up with Patrick Roy.
Drury teammate
French hero that understands what our young 1OA is going through.
Goalie that can vibe with Shesterkin.
Isn't going to stand there with his mouth open like he has a head injury when he disagrees with a call.
I doubt he tolerates team coming out unprepared or showing no emotion.
Has been coaching young players in the Q, instead of standing around waiting for shit to be handed to him like Messier.
Roy has so many red flags IMO. Reading what some previous players have said about him he seems to have done some borderline nearly abusive things - almost similar to Babcock in a way.

In addition Roy seems to be as egotistical a coach as he was a player, and I don’t think that’s ideal for a coach.

Tbh I wouldn’t trust him around our youth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad