Who can beat the Penguins?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Really??

Remember Anaheim's game tying goal in game 5 this year. Kessler's forearm is between the goalies pad and shin, holding him.......good goal though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccg7BYtmBM8

Cause the puck is right there. Daley is trying to play the puck. Where does it say he's not allowed, only the goalie is????

If the above isn't goalie interference (no puck in the paint to be played like Daley was doing) then last night's sure as hell wasn't.

The biggest difference is Kesler was pushed into the goalie. No one forced Daley to push Anderson in with his stick.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
'Pushed' Anderson into the net??? He clearly fell backwards on his own. Then Daley shot the puck in. That's probably why the puck bounced off the back of the net and stopped by the line.

Even Doc and Olczyk sat speechless for about 20 seconds cause they couldn't believe it was waived off.

Doc and Olczyk speechless!!!!!!
Wow!!!Now there's some objective parties.
I suspect the Ottawa announcers saw it differently.

Honestly I've seen goals waived off with way less contact. Usually the ref blows his whistle on those plays or at least claims he was going to blow it. That call didn't even look borderline to me.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
The biggest difference is Kesler was pushed into the goalie. No one forced Daley to push Anderson in with his stick.

Anderson fell on his own and Daley was playing the puck that was loose in the paint.

No one but Ottawa homers and the terrible officiating crew thought that was a bad goal. Especially considering the over whelming amount of goals that were actually allowed when challenged this playoffs. Zero logic behind that call, other than the refs doing their part to give the league their game 7.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Anderson fell on his own and Daley was playing the puck that was loose in the paint.

No one but Ottawa homers and the terrible officiating crew thought that was a bad goal. Especially considering the over whelming amount of goals that were actually allowed when challenged this playoffs. Zero logic behind that call, other than the refs doing their part to give the league their game 7.[/QUOTE

I had no doubt that it was going to be called a no goal based on the goals I've seen overturned with much much less contact. I would have expected the whistle to have blown long before that

JimsDoors

May 11, 2010
Tri-State County
Looked to me like Kesler made no attempt to get up. Just laid there making sure to keep his arm between the pad and the leg..... holding him.

Daley was playing the puck in the paint....he has that right, just as Anderson has the right to play it.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

No one but Ottawa homers and the terrible officiating crew thought that was a bad goal. Especially considering the over whelming amount of goals that were actually allowed when challenged this playoffs. Zero logic behind that call, other than the refs doing their part to give the league their game 7.

I think most people were surprised it even needed to go to a Coach's Challenge. How the ref just stood there staring like he had left consciousness for about 10 seconds I don't know.

The logic is - again, read the rule book - you cannot interfere with a goalie's ability to make a save.

Nothing to do with homerism.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think most people were surprised it even needed to go to a Coach's Challenge. How the ref just stood there staring like he had left consciousness for about 10 seconds I don't know.

The logic is - again, read the rule book - you cannot interfere with a goalie's ability to make a save.

Nothing to do with homerism.

"Read the rule book" card. LOL.

If the rules were enforced to the letter of the rule book, the Senators would have been swept. Hell, the Senators don't even make the playoffs with their goal differential. How the rules have been enforced in this series have overwhelmingly favored how the Senators play, and if not for that, then this series would have been over a while ago. It's an on-ice mugging every shift that doesn't get called, but something like this which has every commentator shaking their heads and suddenly it's "read the rule book".... Ya okay, "nothing to do with homerism" for sure.

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011
Neutral fan saying that was definitely no goal. Not that logic or rules have anything to do with the decisions the refs make on these challenges.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

If the rules were enforced to the letter of the rule book, the Senators would have been swept. Hell, the Senators don't even make the playoffs with their goal differential. How the rules have been enforced in this series have overwhelmingly favored how the Senators play, and if not for that, then this wouldn't even be a series. It's an on-ice mugging every shift, but something like this where every commentator is shaking their heads and suddenly it's "read the rule book".... Ya okay, "nothing to do with homerism" for sure.

You guys have benefitted from the rules not being enforced as well. Just because the Pens have more talent doesn't mean they should automatically win the series.
That's why they play the games and don't just look at the lineup cards and award the game to the most talented team.
Now stop your complaining.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Meh. What's done is done. I can see why they called it back. I can also see why they wouldn't have. That's how ridiculous the goalie interference calls have been.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
You guys have benefitted from the rules not being enforced as well. Just because the Pens have more talent doesn't mean they should automatically win the series.
That's why they play the games and don't just look at the lineup cards and award the game to the most talented team.
Now stop your complaining.

Hilarious.

Benefited how? You think it's beneficial to the Penguins' play style to muck it up? They are skilled and fast hockey and are being forced to play the game based on the way it's being officiated. The Penguins do not beat you by obstructing you, but that's 1000% how the Senators do - and that's suddenly legal in the playoffs.

Enforce the rules, BY ALL MEANS, PLEASE ENFORCE THE ****ING RULES! But do it across the entire game, not just when you think your goalie is interfered with.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Hilarious.

Benefited how? You think it's beneficial to the Penguins' play style to muck it up? They are skilled and fast hockey and are being forced to play the game based on the way it's being officiated. The Penguins do not beat you by obstructing you, but that's 1000% how the Senators do - and that's suddenly legal in the playoffs.

Enforce the rules, BY ALL MEANS, PLEASE ENFORCE THE ****ING RULES! But do it across the entire game, not just when you think your goalie is interfered with.

If the rules were enforced to the fullest, I'm fairly certain Malkin wouldn't be in this series as he'd be suspended. I'm sure Wingels would be too.

Goaltender interference is the one thing they are pretty strict on.

You can continue being salty, or understand that Ottawa didn't luck their way into Game 7 of the ECF. Once you come to grips with that, your blood pressure will (probably) return to normal.

Good luck tomorrow.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Hilarious.

Before every series
"We have to play rough with Crosby/Malkin, attack them every shift. Crosby is easy to get off his game when you slash and rough him up. We need to hold their offense off by slowing them down every shift"

During every series
"Wtf its a rigged game, I can't believe my slow unskilled team is getting penalized for interference and roughing. Why aren't the Pens getting penalized for the same? Biased refs giving Pens the win"

Just watch what happens if there's a Preds/Pens pre-series thread. I guarantee there will be a discussion on holding up Pens players and attacking Cindy to take him off his game. Then later during the game... these same people will be whining about being penalized for infractions which they wanted their team to take.

The Pens would prefer if every single thing was called for both teams. They would prefer it if interference and roughing was called for just touching a player. The Pens game plan has never been to take infractions, it's always been the other teams strategy. If the game was called fairly, teams like the Pens/Hawks/Lightning would be leading in powerplays by a significant margin and teams like Sens/Kings/Jets would spend the entire game in the box.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Beyond. If you cant decipher that pushing the goalie into the net, then shooting the puck into it isnt interference you simply dont understand the sport.

When Burrows push MAF glove it was ok to disallow the goal
When its Pens turn though...

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Hilarious.

I Agree, enforce the rules! The Pens get away with murder every goddam game. So many hacks, slashes and interference goes uncalled. Crosby and Malkin are slashing and crosschecking like crazy, but are somehow immune to penalties. This preferential treatment is disgusting.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I Agree, enforce the rules! The Pens get away with murder every goddam game. So many hacks, slashes and interference goes uncalled. Crosby and Malkin are slashing and crosschecking like crazy, but are somehow immune to penalties. This preferential treatment is disgusting.

It's true. It's almost like the sens play a perfect game and don't benefit from any missed calls ever.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

If the rules were enforced to the letter of the rule book, the Senators would have been swept. Hell, the Senators don't even make the playoffs with their goal differential. How the rules have been enforced in this series have overwhelmingly favored how the Senators play, and if not for that, then this series would have been over a while ago. It's an on-ice mugging every shift that doesn't get called, but something like this which has every commentator shaking their heads and suddenly it's "read the rule book".... Ya okay, "nothing to do with homerism" for sure.

If the rules were inforced to the letter there would be more suspension for slashing (severing) and crosschecking to the head (Malkining)

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004

Daley bulldozed Anderson all the way to the back of the net before he put the puck in. I've never seen a more obvious case of interference. There was no possibility that goal would stand.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

BOTH teams get away with murder, Sens have been getting away with A LOT aswell.

Duranium94

May 16, 2017

If the rules were truly enforced why would the senators be swept? Because the pens went 0 for 5 in game 1? Or is it the refs fault that you didn't score? Is it Because they didn't score another power play goal in game 2 either? Is it Because they only scored 1 power play goal in their first three games?

What does penalties have to do with the sens goal differential? Their power play has been awful most of the year so I wouldn't really call it an advantage.

Why wouldn't they make the playoffs with their goal differential? They clearly did so your argument is invalid.

How have the rules "overwhelmingly" favoured the sens play? Both teams have been getting equal opportunities. And furthermore this doesn't even make sense because the sens DO get called for penalties and then the pens score...

If you honestly believe your pens have been mugged then you should also believe that daleys goal shouldn't have counted. Why you ask? Because he mugged Anderson trying to get to the puck. He 100% has a right to play that puck I agree but you have to realize that the only way he touches that puck is by going through Anderson. This has nothing to do with homerism it's common sense.

If you're honestly so confident that your pens would sweep then I don't even know why you're b****ing about a game 7 that you'll most likely win anyway.

You're tears are so salty that it makes the ocean taste like freshwater don't @ me.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Daley bulldozed Anderson all the way to the back of the net before he put the puck in. I've never seen a more obvious case of interference. There was no possibility that goal would stand.

This exactly. Daley uses the lower shaft of his stick against Anderson's right skate to shove him into the net... while the puck is behind him in between Karlsson's skates and nowhere near Daley's stick. After shoving Anderson into the crease, Daley reaches way back for the puck and puts it in.

Screwed over? All of the zebras stared at a player driving Anderson into the net and Ottawa didn't wind up with a powerplay.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If it was up to me the two refs who failed to call the no goal would not be reffing another game in the playoffs. Just no excuse to miss such an obvious call and it could have cost one team a chance at the Cup. Missing penalties is expected as it's a tough job. But missing that call when it's so blatantly obvious is just inexcusable. Thank god video review was implemented a few years ago. You'd hate to see a play like that decide a team's season.

jrolley325

Dec 12, 2010
Youngstown, OH
Hilarious.

Or better yet, not just when one team is down a goal or two and the other team has already had a few pp's.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00