Who bombs in the first round?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
In the East - Rangers if they get matched against the Isles or Pens + no OT or shootouts.

In the West - Vancouver, I think that's the weakest division. The whole top of that division has inflated points with the bottom two teams being so terrible.
Better than both at 5v5 since the deadline, which as you know is the team they'll actually have in the playoffs and not the one they started the season with. Rangers will also have a significant special teams advantage as well. They won't face either team in R1 (Pitt won't make it, Islanders will be 3rd, and the Rangers will be the top seed). I also know a fan of the team that is 27-27 in games that resolve in 60 minutes isn't talking about OT/SO games.

If there is a team that tanks in the postseason though, it will be Vancouver. Nashville or Vegas will give them tons of problems.

Not sure if it is bombing out, but this is the year Toronto beats Boston if they somehow manage to match up. Florida is a rough matchup, but they might be the team out of the Atlantic. Panthers have been struggling down the stretch a little.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Mentioning the Leafs is stupid when their first round opponents are either Florida or Boston who are higher in the standings and would be favoured.

I'm gonna say Nucks or Jets, and I can definitely see Tampa punking Boston again.
I really feel like there are literally 12-13 teams who I wouldn't be shocked to see in the conference finals. Will be a really exciting P/O year IMO.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
You're really chirping with no cups or success? :laugh: Man you Sens fans are a deluded insecure bunch. You haven't sniffed playoffs since 2017 and your franchise has been a complete tire fire while you keep huffing copium about the future. Even rivals who have actually won something in recent times like Boston and Tampa don't go out of their way to start chirping us like you clowns do.

At least I know my team will still be around in ten years though and not have to worry about bankruptcy
In 10 years it will be 66 years since you guys were relevant. And 2017 is not than long ago by leafs winning something standards.

Reactions: Gnova

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
In 10 years it will be 66 years since you guys were relevant. And 2017 is not than long ago by leafs winning something standards.
Mate, you are just going in circles now. According to what you just said winning the Cup is what makes you relevant, so in that case Ottawa has never been relevant then, lol. Trying to clown a team when you guys can barely stay afloat as a functioning franchise is a special kind of delulu.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
The Sens have literally never been relevant.
I felt that our cup final was pretty relevant...but as a leafs fan you are excused for not understanding.

Mate, you are just going in circles now. According to what you just said winning the Cup is what makes you relevant, so in that case Ottawa has never been relevant then, lol. Trying to clown a team when you guys can barely stay afloat as a functioning franchise is a special kind of delulu.
Be just sold for a billion dollar valuation. I think the franchise is fine.

You also need to learn to read.

Reactions: Barnum

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I felt that our cup final was pretty relevant...but as a leafs fan you are excused for not understanding.

Be just sold for a billion dollar valuation. I think the franchise is fine.

You also need to learn to read.
The Coyotes were just purchased by the NHL for $1B lol, that doesn't mean the franchise is successful or profitable. I literally work in M&A buddy.

And nah, I can read fine, you need to learn how to actually structure an argument and stop trying to egg on a dumbass argument because you have nothing better to do as a Sens fan and tried to put your pity on us like a homeless beggar feeling sorry for a minimum wage worker. You're now arguing that getting blasted in a Cup final is apparently the definition of relevant, only because that's the only thing you guys can cling onto at this point.

This is a waste of my time, I'm done here.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
The Coyotes were just purchased by the NHL for $1B lol, that doesn't mean the franchise is successful or profitable. I literally work in M&A buddy.

And nah, I can read fine, you need to learn how to actually structure an argument and stop trying to egg on a dumbass argument because you have nothing better to do as a Sens fan and tried to put your pity on us like a homeless beggar feeling sorry for a minimum wage worker. You're now arguing that getting

Ottawa fans in the summer: "we're going to be a serious threat this season just watch, Brady Tkachuk is a better playoff performer than Mitch Marner and Tim Stutzle+cap space is way better than Auston Matthews, Leafs window is closed Senators window is just opening you'll see!!!11!"

Ottawa fans during the season: "fire everybody this team sucks"

Ottawa fans late in the season after another meaningless run when playoffs are out of reach: "watch out Eastern Conference / Atlantic Division, Senators are coming for you!!!!!! we have new coaching and management now, you'll see"

Followed by another summer of chirping in idiotic HF polls, hopeless predictions and promises.

Ottawa fans in the summer: "we're going to be a serious threat this season just watch, Brady Tkachuk is a better playoff performer than Mitch Marner and Tim Stutzle+cap space is way better than Auston Matthews, Leafs window is closed Senators window is just opening you'll see!!!11!"

Ottawa fans during the season: "fire everybody this team sucks"

Ottawa fans late in the season after another meaningless run when playoffs are out of reach: "watch out Eastern Conference / Atlantic Division, Senators are coming for you!!!!!! we have new coaching and management now, you'll see"

Followed by another summer of chirping in idiotic HF polls, hopeless predictions and promises.

Very nice summary. Well done.

Reactions: 1specter

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
We are about 1 or 2 years behind in our rebuild. You are about 56 years since seeing a final with very few high points in the meanwhile. If you think that there has been alot of meaningless trash talk by Sens fans over the last couple years, compare that to the 5 decades of meaningless trash talk by leafs fans....

At least I can say I've seen my team be relevant in my lifetime... I

Man, can you be any more bitter? l hope you enjoyed the Sens being "relevant", because you won't see them in the playoffs any time soon.

If you think Toronto will get crushed by Florida, so would the Sens (and badly at that). At least you can watch Brady in a Panthers t-shirt, cheering on his brother.

And BTW, why are we discussing a non playoff team?

Last edited:

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Oilers, because:

McDavid has been off and not at his best all year
Skinner hasn't shown well in the playoffs

And the biggest reason is that eliminating the Kings 3 years in a row seems extremely unlikely.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I had to throw that one out there, I couldn't resist :laugh:

Could be if they play like they are tonight. Their PP is horrible too
Canucks shat the bed. Is what it is. I'm over it.
Although 94 we were underdogs that were not even suppose to be there. I was 6 years old. I didn't care at all. I only knew who Ken Griffey JR was at 6.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Carolina. The Islanders are the worst possible matchup for them IMO.

I do not have your confidence in the Islanders abilities. Shitty PK vs a team with triple the offensive firepower? Dobson a question mark?

It'd take some serious hockey god magic for this to not go the Hurricanes way.

Proud of the boys for the run to even make the playoffs, but I'd have much MUCH preferred the Rangers.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Teams with questionable goaltending always have a chance of bombing out early even with insane star power upfront

Avs
Leafs
Oilers

Reactions: troyerlaw

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
Canucks. They're a team on the rise, but they're still quite young. They might be unprepared for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad