OT: Who are you cheering for now in the NHL playoffs?

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Love to see the Jackets advance - but they're in tough against a tough Bruins team.
Regardless, love the way the teams gets the most out of their players - good coach.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I picked Boston to win the Cup in my pool this year. I think I had one other series right in that first round.

If the Blues win, is that "we lost to the team that won the cup, not too bad" or is it "if we had beat the blues the path to the cup was open"?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I picked Boston to win the Cup in my pool this year. I think I had one other series right in that first round.

If the Blues win, is that "we lost to the team that won the cup, not too bad" or is it "if we had beat the blues the path to the cup was open"?

:laugh: Afraid it is both.

Reactions: Neuf

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Here’s hoping the CFL cba gets ratified

Otherwise, I hope you got a favourite lawn dart team to cheer for.....

We've got Valour FC and the Goldeyes to get us through the summer and before you know it, Jets training camp will be upon us. Go ahead players, strike. We don't need no steenkin' CFL. :laugh:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
well. a rather uninspiring playoffs thus far. Since the Jets have been out I have caught the odd partial game but these playoffs have seemed pretty boring. Besides the reffing controversies there doesn't seem to be a lot of ill will or fireworks between teams in the games I have watched. Hopefully the matchup of the Blues/Bruins is a good one. I'm going to give game one a shot at least.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Well, at least Carolina is out.

I haven't watched a single game or even highlights since the Jets were out. Just either hate or am indifferent to all the other teams that made it out of the first round. Very blah playoffs, too many weird upsets and then predictably bad second round.

I guess I'll say go Blues because I can't stand Marchand, plus it would prove my prediction correct that whoever won the Blues/Jets series would win the Cup ... just wish it was the Jets who won the series.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Well, at least Carolina is out.

I haven't watched a single game or even highlights since the Jets were out. Just either hate or am indifferent to all the other teams that made it out of the first round. Very blah playoffs, too many weird upsets and then predictably bad second round.

I guess I'll say go Blues because I can't stand Marchand, plus it would prove my prediction correct that whoever won the Blues/Jets series would win the Cup ... just wish it was the Jets who won the series.

I watch a ton of hockey, probably 80 games or more......but never after round one of the playoffs (unless the Jets are involved). Not only do I not care for these teams, the season is just far too long for me.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I watched some round 2 games but by round 3 the weather's getting (marginally) better, my kids all have spring sports and recitals and grads, etc. going on many nights, I've got gardens to sow...unless it's the Jets, I couldn't be arsed to watch much hockey. The season is too long by about a month.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I don't even care anymore. Still glaring at the Blues for beating us, and the Bruins winning the cup again is like meh. Plus as a Montreal fan, boo hisss Bruins. So meh.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Bruins because I picked them to win in my work playoff bracket pool. If I hadn't entered, I really wouldn't care and would be collating our record collection or something.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Nobody and its been that way since the Jets were out. I have barely watched.. Hilights mainly.. I thought Carolina was a team of destiny.. But reality and Boston ended them.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Hey a buddy of mine told me there was a game tonight so we watched it. One thing is for sure in the playoffs. Big fast forwards are way more effective than small fast forwards.

Jets need to lose so many tiny mcforwards if we want to win in the post season.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad