OT: Who are you cheering for now in the NHL playoffs?

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
With our team done, who are you cheering for in the playoffs?

I for one would normally call it a day after the playoff season is done, but with a number of upsets this year, things are a little more interesting.

Carolina, the islanders and Columbus are teams I might watch

How about you?

Thoughts and your comments appreciated as always

Reactions: kanadalainen

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
St.Louis. Never won the cup before. I like Craig Berube. They busted ass to get to this point. Can't stand Dallas so I hope St.loo blows them out of the water. I would cheer for San Jose too but there is a guy at work who is the most annoying Sharks fan so I can't now.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
In order of preference:

Boston (long time Bruins fan)

St Louis (feel bad they've never won)
Islanders (Trotz and a big f*** you to Tavares)
Columbus (Torts is cool)

San Jose (just a big don't care)

Colorado (hate 'em)
Dallas (hate 'em more)

Carolina (I'll just piss off some people if I start listing off the reasons)

Reactions: SUX2BU

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
It’s Colorado/Boston as 1A and 1B. Always been an Avs fan and love Marchand, Bergeron and Pastranak.

Wouldn’t mind The Islanders just so they can rub it in the face of Tavares. What sweet karma that would be.

Sharks is my final pick just because I want to see Jumbo Joe walk off into the sunset as a Stanley Cup Champion. Kane would kind of annoy me, (I’d get over it) but still better than Reeves and the rest of those Vegas douche bags.

Reactions: FFHockey and SUX2BU

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I would say the Islanders.
Tavares walked on them and Trotz managed to get this team to play good hockey.

The Jets picked a bad year to under perform because it is completely wide open in the playoffs to win the cup with all the top teams gone in the first round.

I am still disgusted with how they went out to a team they could have beat.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Columbus for me. I love how the Columbus went ALL in rather than play it safe. His gamble has already paid off. He has already made history by sweeping the club to get the most points in the regular season in modern hockey history. I had Duchene on my fantasy hockey team. When Columbus traded for him, they knew he had the reputation for taking a longer time to get used to his new team. It happened as expected. He made little impact in the rest of the regular season, but his presence has changed the face of Columbus. They have at least two very strong lines. I don't think they are just a fluke. If S. Bob. plays like he can, I think they can win it all.

Reactions: thegr8one66

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Man does the modern NHL ever feel like it's completely random. A monkey flinging poop at a bracket board could have out-done 90% of hockey analysts.

Would love to see Joe Thorton win a cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad