OT: Who are you cheering for now in the NHL playoffs?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Man does the modern NHL ever feel like it's completely random. A monkey flinging poop at a bracket board could have out-done 90% of hockey analysts.

Would love to see Joe Thorton win a cup.

980x.png

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Isles and Avs first because of speed, unTavares, MacK.

I'm okay with either Bruins or Jackets, slight edge to Bruins. Canes for their D. San Jose for beating Vegas.

Dallas and St. Louis, meh, kinda boring. I see too much of them already.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm pulling for Boston to win the cup. They are an O6 club so I'd be alright with that. I don't want to see any team win it for the first time. I know that the Stars, Islanders, Hurricanes and Avalanche have won it previously so I'd also be okay if one of them won it. However, the list of teams that have never won the cup is getting shorter and I don't want to see the Jets become the only team that has never won it. Once the Jets win the cup (hopefully next year), then those other teams can win it. Until that happens, I say to those other teams - "No cup for you!".

soup-nazi.jpg

:jets

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
With all the upsets things are kinda interesting. Probably also very tight series ahead. Carolina is most interesting to me because of Aho. He's always been one of my favourite Finnish players, together with Laine and Rinne. I was always very high on him and predicted he will become a beast and #1 center for Carolina, since he seemed a slow developer physically and even on wing the way he played the game yelled "center" to me. Plus he was very good in the WJC playing C. But even I didn't dare to imagine he would become this good that fast.

To be honest I would've loved to see Nashville win it this year given that WPG won't. Just for Rinne, he doesn't have many years left and he would deserve a cup.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Sharks as I would like to see EK hoist a cup.

honesty wont take the time out of my evenings to watch many games but I will check the scores

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
With our team done, who are you cheering for in the playoffs?

I for one would normally call it a day after the playoff season is done, but with a number of upsets this year, things are a little more interesting.

Carolina, the islanders and Columbus are teams I might watch

How about you?

Thoughts and your comments appreciated as always
Here's my breakdown:

East

Boston: one of the few teams left that don't seem like a fluke to win the Stanley Cup. Plus, I like Bergeron. For the sake of league integrity, they get points.

Islanders: I like this team. Some great young talent in Bailey and Barzal. Extra points for Manitoba boy Trotz proving that he is easily the best coach in the NHL. Extra-extra points for Tavares watching his ex-team from the golf course.

Columbus: It was really cool that they pulled the upset of the century in the first round. They can go away now (although there really is nothing not to like about this team... I even like Torts).

Canes: They beat my second most disliked team in the league, Washington, so I was very happy for their success. But now those bunch of jerks can go.

West

San Jose: I am torn between wanting Thornton to win the Cup and not wanting Kane to win the Cup. Like Boston, this is one team that would not look out of place in the finals.

St. Louis: They have never won the Cup before, so for that reason I think it's time. However, I'm still steamed about them beating the Jets.

Dallas: Although I like Benn and Seguin, it would seem really weird for this team to come out of the West. There's really no reason for me to cheer for Dallas, so I won't.

Colorado: Probably the most exciting team in the West. I am a big Nate fan. But like Dallas, it would kinda hurt the integrity of the league for such a shallow (albeit exciting) team to come out of the west.

End result...

Go Islanders (although I'd be fine with St. Louis winning too)!

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Blues in the West, Isles in the East. Wouldn't mind seeing the Sharks come out of the West. Carolina's on my "wouldn't mind" list from the East. Definitely not Boston...

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
No teams from the Central.

No way Jose because of Kane.

Can't get behind the Bruins because they've won it in recent years. Also, Marchand.

Meh to Columbus and Carolina.

I'd be ok with Islanders winning.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
St. Louis: It would be like the 80s again where the team who kicks the Jets out wins the cup.

Colorado: Maybe ok with that. The MacKinnon story is great.
Isles: Trotz is amazing. Would be a huge feather in his cap to win back to back with different teams as a coach.

Boston: M'eh... Marchand has cleaned up the really dirty stuff and is just a rat now in the mind games category so Boston is much more likable now.
Carolina: Not much to not like here. Who doesn't like Williams.

San Jose: No - Kane...
Dallas: No - I just can't like this team.
Columbus: They have Duchesne... Enough said. Don't want them for that reason.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Blues & CBJ. Kind of always had a soft spot for both b/c before the Jets were around they were punching bags for the Red Wings years ago in the Central. Wouldn't mind NYI as well.... would love too see all the salt and chaos ensure from a certain Canadian city after :laugh:

Reactions: Jetland162702

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
It really matters little to me since the Jets are the only team I really cheer for. However there are 3 teams left that I can watch and have some little enjoyment if they win.
  1. NYI - because of Trotz (I knew him when he was young) and because Tavares and they were not supposed to be any good this year.
  2. Blues - only because their fan base has waited so long. (but in reality I hate them)
  3. Sharks - because of Jumbo Joe and they knocked off the D-bag Knights.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Sharks are the only team left I even remotely like - I like lots of their guys (Thornton, Burns, Karlsson, Kane :naughty: )
It would be especially cool for Jumbo

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
In year's past, once the Jets were out, I stop watching hockey. How the hell can I cheer for a team other than the Jets? :noway:

It's gotten to a point where there's a playoff pool at work and I haven't been in it since I started working there because if I wasn't going to get the Jets, I didn't want to be in it.

This year, I surprised everyone by joining. Everyone had to pull a team name out of a hat...and I got Carolina :thumbd: But in the pool, the first team out got their money back, so I thought I was a shoe in for that... :eyeroll: Anyways, looks like I'm in it to win it now... But no storm surges please...

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Liverpool

Oh. NHL. Well. I'll be honest I love popping by this site because I love y'all. But when the jets are out, I lose interest in playoff hockey and become bitter to the sport.

Otherwise I would just cheer for any team that is playing against the Oilers or Leafs

I hope the blues take it far. They are a great team this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad